in

Official US Presidential Election Thread

Last post 11-10-2012 4:27 PM by Miklyssary. 146 replies.
Page 1 of 8 (147 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last »
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 08-01-2008 4:37 AM

Official US Presidential Election Thread

So, with less then 100 days left, who do you prefer? Non-us boardies, what are your thoughts?  US boardies, why will you vote for your chosen candidate?

and other election shenanigans

Credits: Jumanggy

I have discovered a truly marvelous proof which this sig is too small to contain.
  • 08-01-2008 6:02 AM In reply to

Re: Official US Presidential Election Thread

I'm voting for Obama and will be devastated if another Republican moves into the White House to ruin our economy and our diplomatic relationships with other countries and ruin the environment and even further corrupt our government (as if it were possible). Obama isn't Jesus Christ and isn't going to save the world but he is smart, capable, even handed, speaks well (which is very important as noted over the last 8 years we have had a "Leader of the Free World" who cannot speak in complete sentences), and conveys a sense of hope and excitement that this country needs. So there's my 2 cents. Sorry you asked?!?!
    "Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer."

Deanna
  • 08-01-2008 6:10 AM In reply to

Seeing as I will still be 17 when the actual election takes place, I will NOT be voting (shucks). However, I am an Obama supporter, since my candidate (Hillary Clinton) is no longer in the race.

My thoughts about the election as a whole? The republicans have done enough damage these past 8 years...it's time to give the democrats a shot (lol).

5/16/07, 5/15/09-St. Paul, 8/11/10-Mpls, 8/14/10-MHMF 6/23/12-Milwaukee
  • 08-01-2008 6:24 AM In reply to

• b0red
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 07-31-2008
    • California (Uber Alles)
    • Posts 3,406

Imo, Obama isn't going to be that much better.
    But, he is going to be better, so I'm voting for him.

I'm so tired of the election crap being everywhere I just can't wait for this to end.

THE BEST PRODUCER IN THE NATION, LADIES AND GENTLEMEN.
  • 08-01-2008 6:54 AM In reply to

• ohiofan
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-01-2008
    • Ohio. Joined May 2005
    • Posts 152

I'll let you know after they choose their running mates.

~ Janel
    Cleveland 2/05 & 5/05, Atlanta & St. Louis 9/05, Chicago 6/06, Philly 5/07, Cleveland 5/09, Kitchener 9/09, Bethesda 6/12, Columbus 1/13, next date tba!
  • 08-01-2008 7:10 AM In reply to

Kucinich

Laugh at me if you will, but my heart brakes that Dennis Kucinich will never be president.

Credits: Jumanggy

I have discovered a truly marvelous proof which this sig is too small to contain.
  • 08-01-2008 7:19 AM In reply to

• b0red
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 07-31-2008
    • California (Uber Alles)
    • Posts 3,406

Re: Kucinich

Emster491991:

Laugh at me if you will, but my heart brakes that Dennis Kucinich will never be president.

AHHHHH AGREED OH MY GOD. Sad

THE BEST PRODUCER IN THE NATION, LADIES AND GENTLEMEN.
  • 08-01-2008 7:22 AM In reply to

• ZaraBelle
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-01-2008
    • No Longer Involved
    • Posts 117

VOTE WIZZLE!  THE WEAPON OF CHOICE! 

WIZZLE CAN PUT AN END TO OPPRESSIVE GRAVITATIONAL FORCES!
    NO MORE NEED FOR FOREIGN OIL...FLOATING THROUGH SPACE IS THE ONLY WAY TO TRAVEL!

UP, UP AND AWAY!

Us and them * And after all we're only ordinary men ~ Pink Floyd
  • 08-01-2008 8:08 AM In reply to

THIS IS AN OBAMARAMA! OBAMA NATION! BARACK THE CASBAH! *vocal fry*

I will be 17 too but I have supported Obama since he announced he was running. I agree with a majority of his politics and I find his story so inspiring. I know that most of his "hope" and "change" is just talk, but I really hope (hahaha no pun intended) that he truly believes in it. Yes

They both have flaws... but I support Obama.

PS: Really Now? The race card? Ugh this is getting ridiculous. He's not black enough, he's too black, he's playing the race card...

• 08-01-2008 9:27 AM In reply to

• vanee
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 07-31-2008
    • Barcelona, Spain
    • Posts 289

I'm not from US but I think Obama can be a good president and I would like him to win... He's young and he has some really good ideas so, people in the US should give him  a chance... At least , I think he can't do it worse than Bush! (Angry) *lol*

well, this is just my opinion 'cos the news I see every day here in Spain... Wink 

• 08-05-2008 7:39 PM In reply to

b0red:

Imo, Obama isn't going to be that much better.

Exactly. Let's just hope he doesn't turn into the congress.
    Steve
  • 08-05-2008 8:00 PM In reply to

• gskowal
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 07-31-2008
    • New York
    • Posts 89

I dont like McCain and I dont like OBAMA. I think they are both full of it.. I do prefer a democrat but Obama is not someone i want to see as a president. He is too young and inexperienced.. US needs a strong and experienced person to run this country. We are in trouble! Bad economy, everyone hates America, wars! I`m sick of it... We need somebody who will come in and clean up this mess, none of the 2 presidential candidates look like a person we need. It sucks, because for a country like America we cant even find one decent presidential candidate who can make a real CHANGE.

"I'm waiting for my moment to come."
  • 08-06-2008 7:30 AM In reply to

Hey now, this country was founded on little experience... Stick out tongue

• 08-06-2008 5:23 PM In reply to

ZaraBelle:

VOTE WIZZLE!  THE WEAPON OF CHOICE! 

WIZZLE CAN PUT AN END TO OPPRESSIVE GRAVITATIONAL FORCES!
    NO MORE NEED FOR FOREIGN OIL...FLOATING THROUGH SPACE IS THE ONLY WAY TO TRAVEL!

UP, UP AND AWAY!

I'd vote him God of the Universe if I could 

• 08-06-2008 5:41 PM In reply to

• 08-07-2008 12:15 AM In reply to

• ZaraBelle
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-01-2008
    • No Longer Involved
    • Posts 117

ChrisFlynn:

Excellent FOD link, ChrisFlynn.Smile LMAO

JibJab is my favorite political satire site, plus the tune to this song is pretty catchy... http://sendables.jibjab.com/ 

Us and them * And after all we're only ordinary men ~ Pink Floyd
  • 08-09-2008 11:15 AM In reply to

lonelysoul91:
    Seeing as I will still be 17 when the actual election takes place, I will NOT be voting (shucks). However, I am an Obama supporter, since my candidate (Hillary Clinton) is no longer in the race.

My thoughts about the election as a whole? The republicans have done enough damage these past 8 years...it's time to give the democrats a shot (lol).

Clearly they have done enough damage, Tim is writting songs about them lol Cool

I will be voting for Obama! I would have voted for Hillary, but shes not in the race anymore.

Has anyone seen the McCain ad's on tv?!?!?! Blaming obama for high gas prices??? What is this guy talking about. I think his age has already caught up with him cos he is coo-coo!! Now he is saying obama doesnt want gas prices to go down. Im sick of republicans sooo much. I dont see anything very good about their political beleifs. To me, they are a very narrow minded people.

I could go on more and more...

oh, and who hasnt heard of the new george bush movie coming soon? Its called "W"

• 08-10-2008 3:30 AM In reply to

• kaye
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 07-31-2008
    • Boston
    • Posts 1,033

ohiofan:

I'll let you know after they choose their running mates.

Same but I am leaning heavily towards McCain.  At this point I just don't see eye-to-eye with Obama on some really key issues.

------
    "Don't waste your time on jealousy;
    Sometimes you're ahead,
    Sometimes You're behind.
    The race is long, and in the end, it's only with yourself." - Baz Luhrmann
  • 08-10-2008 5:45 PM In reply to

• ohiofan
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-01-2008
    • Ohio. Joined May 2005
    • Posts 152

Don't blame all the "damage" on the Republicans - Democrats have had the house majority since 2006.  I really don't want to vote for McCain OR Obama.  I need to see their teams - hopefully their will be a V.P. candidate that I can get behind.  If my only choice is between two unqualified presidential candidates, senate and house seats that are up for reelection will also receive extra scrutiny from me this year.

~ Janel
    Cleveland 2/05 & 5/05, Atlanta & St. Louis 9/05, Chicago 6/06, Philly 5/07, Cleveland 5/09, Kitchener 9/09, Bethesda 6/12, Columbus 1/13, next date tba!
  • 08-10-2008 6:22 PM In reply to

At least we won't have to consider an Obama-Edwards ticket.  Have you seen pictures of Edwards "friend?"  OMG WTF she is ugly!

La Riviera Madrid 11-08
    Roxy LA 12-08
    Buenos Aires 3-09
    Cleveland, RCMH - NYC 5-09
    Portland, Seattle, Vancouver, Calgary 9-09
    Las Vegas 7-10
    Chicago,Seattle,Vancouver,Vienna,Berlin 2012
    Portland, OR 2013
Page 1 of 8 (147 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last »