in

What part in any Keane song do you love ?

Last post 04-08-2014 10:57 AM by justanotherdawn. 395 replies.
Page 1 of 20 (396 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last »
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-18-2010 11:44

What part in any Keane song do you love ?

• 06-19-2010 6:09 AM In reply to

• Maayani
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 07-18-2009
    • Truly, we are the fortunate few
    • Posts 2,844

Re: What part in any Keane song do you love ?

(with wild intensity)

"And if you have a minute, why don't we go/

Talk about it somewhere only we know?

This could be the end of everything/

So why don't we go, somewhere only we know?"

(pleading, almost begging)

"Somewhere only we know?"

(giving up?)

"Somewhere only we know."

Avi inspired by @Meg

Please vote for Tom's Impressions Video! http://forum.keanemusic.com/t/19427.aspx
  • 06-22-2010 1:37 AM In reply to

My favorite part is in Perfect Symettry , The part when it goes " The voices in the streets you love" . It gives me the chills everytime....and I don't know why I guess that there is a change of keys or something....has anyone felt the same way ?
  • 06-22-2010 3:26 AM In reply to

These guys are the KINGS of magical musical moments. Some favorites:

--The part in Perfect Symmetry where Tom opens up and BELTS out the WHOA-OH-OH part right before "Silent dreamers hide in churches."

--The opening chords of Somewhere Only We Know, especially when they played it live in Oakland last year, because it's my favorite Keane song and I was so excited to hear it in person. Actually, all of Somewhere Only We Know. That song is pure magic.

--The whole chorus of This Is the Last Time.

--The call-and-response part of Bedshaped.

--When Tom sings that upward little motion in the chorus of Sunshine. A lesser vocalist would make it sound choppy and gross, but our Tom has that amazing voice that just glides up the notes, from chest voice to head voice, seamlessly.

And sooo many others. I couldn't possibly type them all, as I'd be here all night. : )

“We’re doing what friends do, which is standing up for somebody…and I think that’s a pretty amazing thing to do.”

— Richard Hughes speaking at the London Amnesty International event for the Global Day of Solidarity for Troy Davis.
  • 06-22-2010 4:04 AM In reply to

In Call me wath you like..

"Call me what you like, I just wanna be there with you all the time"

Something in me was dying

"( And your voice came out of nowhere, "Be my friend and give me your hand, Let's take off together
    And then we can live wherever we land"  )"

Liz ♥

• 06-23-2010 3:33 AM In reply to

Oh, and "We are just the monkeys, who fell out of the trees." Tim has a way with words, doesn't he?
    “We’re doing what friends do, which is standing up for somebody…and I think that’s a pretty amazing thing to do.”

— Richard Hughes speaking at the London Amnesty International event for the Global Day of Solidarity for Troy Davis.
  • 06-23-2010 6:57 In reply to

"Looking for the final score"

i think it's like looking for a dream,XD!!

Liz ♥

• 06-27-2010 7:48 In reply to

• Amethyst
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 12-30-2009
    • Stranded in the wrong time
    • Posts 11,606

One favourite is the same as MusicalMeg: --The part in Perfect Symmetry where Tom opens up and BELTS out the WHOA-OH-OH part right before "Silent dreamers hide in churches." And another is the "Took my pills and went to sleep, oh-oh-oh-oh I sang myself to sleep" bit of Clear Skies, which gives me goosebumps every time! I could go on all night, but will stop at two.
    Sarah

Keane merchandise store raising funds for Amnesty International: http://www.cafepress.co.uk/KeaneFansForAmnesty

• 06-27-2010 7:52 In reply to

The Big Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww note in Again and Again. Great vocals

• 06-29-2010 4:28 AM In reply to

• Maayani
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 07-18-2009
    • Posts 2,844

bellavistaman:

The Big Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww note in Again and Again. Great vocals

And then the gorgeous bridge that follows!!! Again and Again FTW

Avi inspired by @Meg

Please vote for Tom's Impressions Video! http://forum.keanemusic.com/t/19427.aspx
  • 06-29-2010 2:39 In reply to

I loooove Spiralling, specially when Tom sings this part: "when we fall in love we're just falling (a bigg Ooohh comes) in love with ourselves, we're Spiralling". Just fabulous, it makes me wanna jump and shout! And when it happens live, it's even more powerful!

Everything is here forever, till it goes - BBH
  • 06-29-2010 4:57 In reply to

• Noelia
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 08-29-2008
    • Argentina
    • Posts 38

I absolutely love the part of Nothing in my way "well for a lonely soul you´re having such a nice time, for a lonely soul you´re having such a nice time, for a lonely soul it seems to me that you´re having such a nice time, you´re having such a nice time", specially the second time when we can hear the backing vocals and the piano in the end... I adore it!

In SOWK I love the part "This could be the end of everything, so why don´t we go, so why don´t we go?" and the big Oooooh

We say this words again and again, but they still sound the same
  • 06-29-2010 8:04 In reply to

I really really love the second refrain of This Is The Last Time! I don't know why but it's the best refrain in the song ;) That "laaaaaaast tiiiiiiiiiiiime" is higher than the other times and I LOVE IT!! :D
    It's gonna be legen - wait for it! - dary! ♥
  • 06-29-2010 8:06 In reply to

Uuuh and I LOVE that UH OH OOOOH in Bedshaped, you know what I mean ;) Of course the live versions, it's not on the CD, sadly :(
    It's gonna be legen - wait for it! - dary! ♥
  • 07-02-2010 5:16 AM In reply to

• Maayani
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 07-18-2009
    • Posts 2,844

So Noelia,

I came back on this thread to write exactly, but exactly, this:

Noelia:

I absolutely love the part of Nothing in my way "well for a lonely soul you´re having such a nice time, for a lonely soul you´re having such a nice time, for a lonely soul it seems to me that you´re having such a nice time, you´re having such a nice time", specially the second time when we can hear the backing vocals and the piano in the end... I adore it!

Best 1:10 minutes in UTIS, in my opinion. (JUST ANOTHER DAY! NOTHING IN MY WAY!....DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU LIE FOR, ANYWAY!)

Ach loooooooooooooooooooovvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvveeeeeeeeeeeeeee it!!!!

Avi inspired by @Meg

• 07-03-2010 10:47 AM In reply to

I love that too. I can sing along to the backing vocals and still hear Tom. Perfect.

Take it back; don't let it die
  • 07-03-2010 9:48 In reply to

• jo-anna
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-05-2009
    • somewhere only we know
    • Posts 271

"I know they're only ghosts and memories that I'm clutching at

or maybe I'm reaching back for something I never had".  

Meaningful lyrics to me and I just love the way Tim sings that part Embarrassed

• 07-03-2010 10:07 In reply to

ooooh i have lots!!!!  "sometimes I feel like a litle lost child" love it when Tom sings that bit. That is the main one just now

• 07-03-2010 11:43 In reply to

• 1FOXYLADY
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-31-2010
    • Inside out and upside down
    • Posts 1,193

Wow, there are so many, but a couple I'm thinking of right now are in Perfect Symmetry:  I also love the part where he reaches the massive WHOA-OH-OH-OH-OH-OH! (I jump about 3ft in the air when I see this live!) & also: Wrap yourself around me, wrap yourself arouuuunnnnd meee! ... oh, ok then Tom.....

Ange

@angesriddell on Twitter
  • 07-04-2010 1:48 AM In reply to

• Maayani
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 07-18-2009
    • Posts 2,844

1FOXYLADY:

Wrap yourself around me, wrap yourself arouuuunnnnd meee!   ... oh, ok then Tom.....

Hey, it's only polite to do what the man says, right? 

donna101:

"sometimes I feel like a litle lost child" love it when Tom sings that bit.

I love how he says "child". Somehow, it sounds like he's seeing a child (innocent, scared) in his mind when he sings that. You know?

justanotherdawn:

I love that too. I can sing along to the backing vocals and still hear Tom. Perfect.

(Re: Nothing in My Way)

I think you could run a jet engine while this part is playing and still hear Tom.  Wink

Avi inspired by @Meg

Page 1 of 20 (396 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last »