in

Good Morning and Good Night!

Last post 01-17-2013 9:29 PM by Jules C. 1012 replies.
Page 1 of 51 (1013 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last »
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-26-2012 5:46 PM

• Jules C
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 06-16-2011
    • On a Day Like Today
    • Posts 4,902

Good Morning and Good Night!

Locked Reply Contact

I thought it might be nice to have a thread where we could drop by and say hi, talk about what we are doing that day (school, college, work etc). Sort of a mixture of the *how are you feeling today* and *i like* threads! With so many new members on the forum it might be fun!Big Smile

On A Day Like Today-We've Been Disconnected Somehow-Now There's Nothing Left To Say
  • 06-26-2012 6:14 PM In reply to

• Mr D
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-11-2011
    • justanotherdawn's house
    • Posts 3,916

Re: Good Morning and Good Night!

Locked Reply Contact

Good Evening,

Sorry Good Bye, 

I was going to tell you what I am doing but my wife says it is too boring and would show her up

Mr D

• 06-26-2012 6:26 PM In reply to

Locked Reply Contact

^It was probably detectory-related. He's out walking the dog now ; a wife-approved activity.

Don't change the things you do; just stay as you are
  • 06-26-2012 6:29 PM In reply to

Locked Reply Contact

Good afternoon!

Great idea, Jules!

Today it's really hot in my town and I believe that thunderstorm must show up soon... Tongue Tied

Today I didn't do anything at all, I'm having some time off and I'm just having some rest, because I feel that my mind is really tired and I have no energy to do anything else but doing nothing at all! I'm thinking of begining my beach season soon, as I live in a small town bathed (don't know if I can use this word in this context...) by the Atlantic Ocean.

• 06-26-2012 6:30 PM In reply to

Locked Reply Contact
    justanotherdawn:

^It was probably detectory-related. He's out walking the dog now ; a wife-approved activity.

*laughs*

• 06-26-2012 8:57 PM In reply to

Locked Reply Contact

Good evening! This is a nice idea, Jules. Tuesday is a day off for me as i only work part time, so it has been a lazy day, shopping ( definitely no clothes / shoe buying if Mr C happens to see this...) reading, walking ( just pounding the city streets) and Keane- stalking on various media. All the reports from the US have set me off again! I've only just discovered that all of the Keane videos can be accessed on Virgin media on tv via Tivo! better late than never! I'm a slow learner with technology.

• 06-26-2012 9:37 PM In reply to

Locked Reply Contact

The first warm-ish evening we've had in weeks, and one of the neighbours has decided these are ideal conditions to light the biggest, smokiest, stinkiest bonfire you could possibly have without actually needing some kind of licence. It was so bad, the people next door even took their washing in off the line.

NB it was Mr D who noticed about the washing. I am above this kind of petty parochial detail, oh, yesss. I am. 

• 06-27-2012 7:30 AM In reply to

• Jules C
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 06-16-2011
    • On a Day Like Today
    • Posts 4,902

Locked Reply Contact
    justanotherdawn:

BrilliantBig Smile
    On A Day Like Today-We've Been Disconnected Somehow-Now There's Nothing Left To Say
  • 06-27-2012 8:26 AM In reply to

• Jules C
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 06-16-2011
    • On a Day Like Today
    • Posts 4,902

Locked Reply Contact

Good morning everyone and thanks for replying! How are you today?

Ana - did you get the storms? I love the thought of your town bathed in the Atlantic Ocean, sounds dreamy!

clariloo - so nice to have a lazy day now and again!

justanotherdawn - you were lucky! We had sea-fog and the heating switched on!! It must be nice to have a thoughtful Mr D who was concerned about the washing (beats *pellet man*)Wink

Anyway, it's foggy but the sun is trying to break through, here in Dover. Where is summer?? I'm hoping to do some gardening today!! Have a good day everyoneBig Smile

• 06-27-2012 9:33 AM In reply to

Locked Reply Contact

It almost looked like sea fog last night, it was so smoky. Local conditions today: sunny but with residual pong from aforementioned bonfire. It's lucky I'm a vegetarian or I might have been considering posting a kipper through a certain neighbour's letter box.

• 06-27-2012 10:01 AM In reply to

• Amethyst
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 12-30-2009
    • Stranded in the wrong time
    • Posts 11,606

Locked Reply Contact

Good morning!  Lovely idea for a thread, Jules!

I was looking forward to a nice walk in the evening sunshine, seeing as though it had decided to piddle down the moment my lunch break started, but sadly it was not to be as Mr A's mountain bike brakes needed bleeding.  Therefore I spent my evening hunched over his handlebars with a hose of hydraulic oil dripping over my hands instead.  Yay!  He SO owes me a trip to V Festival for that!

Looking a bit more promising for a lunchtime stroll today, though.  Big Smile

Sarah

Keane merchandise store raising funds for Amnesty International: http://www.cafepress.co.uk/KeaneFansForAmnesty

• 06-27-2012 11:13 AM In reply to

Locked Reply Contact

He lit the buggering thing again this morning. Does anyone have a kipper or similar they don't want that's already dead? I might stretch a principle here.

• 06-27-2012 12:34 PM In reply to

• Jules C
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 06-16-2011
    • On a Day Like Today
    • Posts 4,902

Locked Reply Contact
    justanotherdawn:

He lit the buggering thing again this morning. Does anyone have a kipper or similar they don't want that's already dead? I might stretch a principle here.

I thought there were strict rules on lighting bonfires!! Does this man have no respect for his neighbours?? Haven't got a kipper but i could send you piles of quite strong smelling seaweedStick out tongue
  • 06-27-2012 12:37 PM In reply to

• Jules C
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 06-16-2011
    • On a Day Like Today
    • Posts 4,902

Locked Reply Contact
    Well we are still fog-bound up on the old white cliffs here but in the town centre it is HOT!! Went out with a jumper and coat on and ended up carrying the lot which made me even hotter!!  I bet inland it's a beautiful day?
  • 06-27-2012 12:44 PM In reply to

Locked Reply Contact

Hello everyone! Big Smile

Well, the storm didn't come, but we have a fresher day today. Today I probably woke up seeing things as a dreamer, because I find sea fog and wind showing themselves as poetry... (Never mind...)

The thought of my town bathed in the Atlantic Ocean IS dreamy, Jules! Look at this picture taken by me a few years ago (September 2008):

To be able to see the Ocean is a gift don't you think? Smile

• 06-27-2012 12:56 PM In reply to

• Jules C
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 06-16-2011
    • On a Day Like Today
    • Posts 4,902

Locked Reply Contact
    Ana that is *just* gorgeousCool And you are right! I find the sea-fog quite an amazing sight and you sort of feel like you are at the end of the world as you can't see anything and the sky blends in with the fog and there is just nothing!! I am a dreamer tooWink I am very lucky to live up on the cliffs and it's just a two minute walk to the edge from my house and i can look over the English Channel and if the weather is ok, i can see France!
  • 06-27-2012 3:23 PM In reply to

• Amethyst
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 12-30-2009
    • Stranded in the wrong time
    • Posts 11,606

Locked Reply Contact

Brisa:
    To be able to see the Ocean is a gift don't you think? Smile

It certainly is!  I live in the Midlands, so don't see the sea nearly as often as I'd like to.  I'm really looking forward to being back down on the coast next weekend.  Big Smile

Sarah

Keane merchandise store raising funds for Amnesty International: http://www.cafepress.co.uk/KeaneFansForAmnesty

• 06-27-2012 5:20 PM In reply to

Locked Reply Contact

good afternoon all! have come home from hot, sweaty rooms at work, where someone ( male, presumably) had been spraying Lynx around ( like a sea fog, haha). I'm envying those of you with lovely coastal views. Although I m right in a big city, my house overlooks a farm, so get to see and hear cows munching away occasionally. one did crash into my front garden through a hedge once! Downside... when the farmer muck-spreads and ther's a north easterly wind.

• 06-27-2012 5:37 PM In reply to

• Jules C
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 06-16-2011
    • On a Day Like Today
    • Posts 4,902

Locked Reply Contact
    Good afternoon clariloo! The coastal views are lovely but we also get *varied* weather here but i do like it when the waves are very high and crash up on the beach! We are surrounded by farmland too so i *understand* the muck-spreading!!! Must be fun living in a city though?Big Smile
  • 06-27-2012 6:06 PM In reply to

Locked Reply Contact

It has it's moments,Jules.

Page 1 of 51 (1013 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last »