in

We're all in this together

Last post 02-24-2013 3:45 PM by Helen. 149 replies.
Page 1 of 8 (150 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last »
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-19-2012 2:44 PM

We're all in this together

Why am I convinced that KEANE is like no other band in the world? I often wonder why their music speaks to me so deeply in such familiar terms. After seeing them live several times throughout the past 7 years, by participating in the forum, and by watching various interviews, I am struck by the massive impact the depth and authenticity of the band's friendship has on people. KEANE put their hearts into each song and into each performance. Because of their fervent quest for honesty, their vulnerability strikes me to the core. Because of their willingness to open their hearts to one another, their music brings strangers together. How many times have you read a post on the forum where someone shares how KEANE continues to accompany them on their journey through loss or hardship? We are truly all in this together. Thank you, KEANE, for opening your hearts to us. What has been your experience with KEANE's music? Do you feel like a song (or several) was written just for you?
  • 07-19-2012 2:47 PM In reply to

Re: We're all in this together

Yes

@FakeeEtiquette: It is appropriate to beg [famous musicians] to come to your city,
    as their final decisions are usually based on online groveling.

Di Tweets: twitter.com/Dionysia8 (serious-ish stuff)
    Di Tumbls: dionysia8.tumblr.com (Keane captions)
  • 07-19-2012 9:51 PM In reply to

armadilloart, I couldn't have said that better!! You beautifully expressed exactly how I feel about them and about being *in this* with all of you fellow fans. As I have mentioned in a lot of other threads, Keane music brought me out of a very dark time in my life. After losing my husband almost 4 years ago, I kind of stopped 'living' for awhile. Finding Keane earlier this year was an epiphany for me. Like you said, the honesty and vulnerability, not to mention the beauty of their music, moved me to the core and reopened my heart again. It's strange to say that a band has changed my life, but it's absolutely true! I feel alive again and for the first time in a long time, I have passion for something again. Getting to see them live for the first time last month was one of the greatest nights of my life. I've never experienced anything like that before at a concert! You could FEEL the love from the fans to the guys, and from the guys to the fans...it was palplable. I think their authenticity and honesty is definitely something that strikes people, and brings them together on a very real level. It's a beautiful thing. Bend and Break was the first song that brought me to Keane...I felt it was saying to me, whatever darkness you might be walking through, there is light at the other side...there is hope.  That struck me so much that I looked it up on youtube..... and the rest is history! I fell head over heels in love with them. Smile And there are SO many other songs that feel like were written just for me, I don't know if I could list them all...just about every one I think!! But that is what makes them so extaordinary!! The lyrics come from a very real place...never superficial....so I think we can all relate to them in almost every aspect of our lives. And it means the world to me that other fans *get it* and understand exactly how I feel about them and what it means to me to be *in this together* Smile

Sorry about the massive text! This just really touched me! Wink

There's no map to guide our way
  • 07-19-2012 10:34 PM In reply to

• Jules C
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 06-16-2011
    • On a Day Like Today
    • Posts 4,902

armadilloart and Chris! Couldn't agree with you more! I've said quite a few times on the threads, that Hopes & Fears saved me after my mum died and seeing Keane live, filled me with passion and life! I love this band with my whole heart and have done since 2004, that will never change. Strangeland is helping me through some stuff i'm going through at the moment and it *does* feel like some of the songs were written just for me and my situation! Pure genius!

I think it's wonderful that our love and passion for Keane and their music, have brought us all together here on the forum. I personally, have been touched by the things i've read from you all and this also has me through some hard times, for which i thank youBig Smile. There is no other band like Keane and truthfully, i don't want there to be!!Wink.

Jules

On A Day Like Today-We've Been Disconnected Somehow-Now There's Nothing Left To Say
  • 07-19-2012 11:08 PM In reply to

Also perfectly said, Jules!! Wink I agree with you a million percent!!

• 07-21-2012 12:03 AM In reply to

• -RosMi
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 05-30-2012
    • REALLY JOINED: 08-06-2007 Peru
    • Posts 115

awwww girls you've said everything that was in my mind and heart ! I love KEANE to pieces, and even though I haven't seen them live yet I know I will someday and that will be one of the best days of my life. What feel when I listen to any of their songs is unique ! .... I'm about to cry now *btw sorry about my English ;)

• 07-21-2012 10:26 AM In reply to

• Jules C
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 06-16-2011
    • On a Day Like Today
    • Posts 4,902

Ahh -RosMi, i wish i could give you a big hugBig Smile And your English is very goodYes
    On A Day Like Today-We've Been Disconnected Somehow-Now There's Nothing Left To Say
  • 07-21-2012 2:51 PM In reply to

After reading this thread I had to answer. I started listening to Keane heavily in 2007, after my brother died. UTIS album. Then my dad died in 2011. More Keane. It's really hard for me to say more but I just wanted to add that to this thread.
  • 07-21-2012 3:06 PM In reply to

• Jules C
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 06-16-2011
    • On a Day Like Today
    • Posts 4,902

theresa_b:
    After reading this thread I had to answer. I started listening to Keane heavily in 2007, after my brother died. UTIS album. Then my dad died in 2011. More Keane. It's really hard for me to say more but I just wanted to add that to this thread.

I'm thinking of you theresa_bSmile. So glad we have Keane!

• 07-21-2012 3:51 PM In reply to

theresa_b:
    Hello theresa_b. I am very sorry for your losses. Thank you for sharing this with us. And I know what you mean by "its really hard for me to say more." That statement speaks volumes to me and I'm sure others would agree. We are all connected somehow - there is Beauty here. Sorry for sounding sappy!! ; ) I don't have words to describe my feelings either without sounding sticky gooey ; )
  • 07-21-2012 5:30 PM In reply to

Hi theresa b.  I am sorry to hear what you have been through, I have been in a similar situation around three years ago losing several family members including my father.  I hope listening to Keane helps you. 

armadilloart - in answer to your question, I have definitely felt as though a number of Keane songs have been written about me but the one that stands out is You Don't See Me.  It's that magic way Tim has of capturing a situation in words.

Helen

• 07-21-2012 8:06 PM In reply to

theresa_b, I'm thinking of you also, thanks for sharing your story. I'm very sorry for your losses as well.

I am so touched by all of your stories...I'm so glad we have Keane to help us through the rough times! armadilloart, I know what you mean, I have a hard time not sounding sappy when I talk about my feelings for Keane!

• 07-21-2012 8:55 PM In reply to

Everyone here is so kind. I want you to know I'm not sad. I try not to dwell on the sad things. I'm outside having fun right now. I listen to a lot of upbeat dance/ electronica music like Calvin Harris.
  • 07-21-2012 9:25 PM In reply to

• Jules C
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 06-16-2011
    • On a Day Like Today
    • Posts 4,902

theresa_b:
    Everyone here is so kind. I want you to know I'm not sad. I try not to dwell on the sad things. I'm outside having fun right now. I listen to a lot of upbeat dance/ electronica music like Calvin Harris.

Oh that's great! I love dance music! There are some great tracks out at the momentBig Smile. Glad you're having fun!!

• 07-22-2012 12:15 AM In reply to

• -RosMi
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 05-30-2012
    • REALLY JOINED: 08-06-2007 Peru
    • Posts 115

Jules C:
    Ahh -RosMi, i wish i could give you a big hugBig Smile And your English is very goodYes
    awwwww Jules, hugs back :)
  • 07-22-2012 12:42 PM In reply to

The reason for me is that they shared a lot of my experiences of growing up as middle class in a small Sussex town, and all of the insecurities which come along with that. I too am shy and have struggled to deal with the world at times, and find it hard to keep up and adjust with all of the things that you are expected to do.

I've heard them talking in interviews many a time and thought ; 'That's exactly how I feel' or 'I remember that too!'

The older I get, the more I realise that I know nothing about nothing
  • 07-22-2012 2:45 PM In reply to

Thanks, indiegirl1980. It seems like wherever you are, whether its in a small Sussex town or an industrial town like my hometown, we all struggle to make our way. I guess that's what makes us human and KEANE manages to create music that is personal yet universally human. That's the wonder and beauty (in my opinion) of "true" art - art that matters, whether its music, visual arts, theatre, or dance.
  • 07-22-2012 4:14 PM In reply to

As someone who does drawing and painting in my spare time I can appreciate that sentiment very much indeed, well expressed armadilloart .

Great to read there are other dance music fans out there! 

Anyone else have a favourite Keane song that feels as though it was written about them? 

Helen

• 07-22-2012 6:21 PM In reply to

• Jules C
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 06-16-2011
    • On a Day Like Today
    • Posts 4,902

I've just broken up with a guy i had been seeing for two years, it wasn't a very nice ending and it's left me a bit down in the dumps, to say the least! But i have to say that the very first time i heard Disconnected (when the video was released) everything just fell into place! I honestly feel like those lyrics were written for me and they really did open my eyes when i heard them. Every line is exactly what i've been going through and hearing them sung so beautifully is just heartbreaking but lovely at the same time.

There are so many ways i can relate a Keane song to things i've gone through since my mum died in 2004. Each one is precious and has it's own meaning. I'm sure we all have that in some way and that's why i love Keane so much because their lyrics understand and care about us, the FansSmile

Jules xx

• 07-23-2012 6:18 AM In reply to

Jules, I wish I could give you a big hug!!! I'm so glad you had Keane...then and now. Smile It's truly amazing how their music speaks to us on such a personal level....the lyrics so familiar and comforting....like a soft, safe place to land. Smile

Page 1 of 8 (150 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last »