in

Newport Music Hall January 26th, 2013

Last post 01-26-2013 8:58 PM by ohiofan. 31 replies.
Page 1 of 2 (32 items) 1 2 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-10-2012 4:03 PM

• lor213
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 03-28-2012
    • Cleveland
    • Posts 15

Newport Music Hall January 26th, 2013

I got my tickets this morning! It was totally different from the last pre-sale for the summer tour in which i got shut out of and had to wait for general on sale. So excited to see them again! Kind of a bummer though that this show is will call only for the pre-sale tickets.

• 10-10-2012 4:16 PM In reply to

Re: Newport Music Hall January 26th, 2013

Andsoweare and I will be there!

@FakeeEtiquette: It is appropriate to beg [famous musicians] to come to your city,
    as their final decisions are usually based on online groveling.

Di Tweets: twitter.com/Dionysia8 (serious-ish stuff)
    Di Tumbls: dionysia8.tumblr.com (Keane captions)
  • 10-11-2012 12:17 PM In reply to

• lovebiscuit
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-01-2008
    • Ohio-member since May 2006
    • Posts 755

I'll be there with Chapstickster (Heather) and at least 2 others. So excited there's a gig in Columbus!!! Been to The Newport a few times and we always say "Wouldn't it be awesome if Keane came here?" Stick out tongue Well yes, YES it is!!!
  • 10-11-2012 12:20 PM In reply to

• lovebiscuit
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-01-2008
    • Posts 755

Dionysia:

Party!!!YesRight HugGeekedCool

• 10-11-2012 5:24 PM In reply to

I cannot wait to see you and Heather again!

@FakeeEtiquette: It is appropriate to beg [famous musicians] to come to your city,

• 10-14-2012 9:41 PM In reply to

• akian
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 11-29-2011
    • Posts 29

I'm going too!! It's going to be my second Keane concert, I'm so excited! Although I was a bit surprised that they're coming back so soon. It's going to be REALLY cold standing out in line in January!!!! And it's so annoying that the pre-sale tickets are will call only, because you can print the general sale tickets out at home! Does this mean that I won't get to the front of the line since I have to collect my tickets before the show? It says that you can't collect will-call tickets until the doors open, which is at 7pm! I'm freaking out because I really want to be in the first row!!
  • 10-15-2012 12:39 AM In reply to

lovebiscuit:
    I'll be there with Chapstickster (Heather) and at least 2 others. So excited there's a gig in Columbus!!! Been to The Newport a few times and we always say "Wouldn't it be awesome if Keane came here?" Stick out tongue Well yes, YES it is!!!

lovebiscuit:
    Dionysia:

Party!!!YesRight HugGeekedCool

Saw this and it totally made my night!  Keane Road Trip January 2013 -- Columbus or bust!  I'll get T-shirts printed.

So so sssoooooooooo excited about seeing you again and meeting some new people too.

-----------------------------------------------
    "Can we keep it as a syndrome, can it become a designated mental health thing. -- TC

"You can try Tom, it's not your fault -- Rich

The River 92.5 Radio Session, Boston, August 3/10
  • 10-23-2012 1:36 PM In reply to

• lovebiscuit
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-01-2008
    • Posts 755

Columbus or bust t-shirts would be great!

But does this mean we're nixing the "I got f***ed in Nashville" t-shirts?!  LMAO Stick out tongue

• 10-23-2012 2:48 PM In reply to

lovebiscuit:

But does this mean we're nixing the "I got f***ed in Nashville" t-shirts?!  LMAO Stick out tongue

fried? flame-broiled? flambeed? fire-bombed? frizzled? forced to evacuate?

Talk about extremes? Nashville's heat in June vs Columbus' cold in January.

"Can we keep it as a syndrome, can it become a designated mental health thing. -- TC

• 10-24-2012 6:18 PM In reply to

• lor213
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 03-28-2012
    • Cleveland
    • Posts 15

Myself and a couple of friends are heading down from Cleveland for this concert, not so excited about the Will Call only thing...grr. I was wondering if any of you wanted to meet up the night before if you're about for dinner or drinks or whatever? Would be really cool to meet other Keane fans :) I've never been to the Newport before so it'll be a new experience for me. I'm just glad they're doing an Ohio show. I went and saw them in Maryland in June and it's so crazy that this time around the cost of 3 tickets was less than just one ticket back in June!

• 10-25-2012 1:14 AM In reply to

• akian
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 11-29-2011
    • Posts 29

I think I saw you at the concert in Maryland! I'm from Cleveland too and my mom drove me down to Maryland for the concert, and now I'm going to Columbus for this one! I'm only 15 so I don't think I can meet up with anybody before the show, my mom wouldn't let me. Do you know if the Newport venue is good?? The Strathmore Center was absolutely breathtaking, so I hope this one is good as well. I'm really annoyed at the will call thing too since I wanted to be in the front row and this complicates things!!!
  • 10-25-2012 6:12 PM In reply to

• lor213
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 03-28-2012
    • Cleveland
    • Posts 15

Wow Akian your mom must be the best mom ever to drive you to Maryland haha :)

• 12-23-2012 10:50 PM In reply to

I too was at the Strathmore this summer... does that make the Columbus show a reunion of sorts? Wink

I only just decided to buy a ticket yesterday as I just got my new work schedule and saw that this show was happening during one of my breaks and therefore I had to go.  I've never been to Newport but I'm excited!  Still haven't made my travel plans (this was totally spur of the moment), but I'll hopefully be getting in the night before and would love to go out with anyone!

don't hesitate to speak your mind
    never hesitate to speak your heart
    they'll call you crazy when you speak your mind
    so never, never hesitate
  • 12-28-2012 8:55 PM In reply to

Looking forward to meeting you, Justpeachykeen!

I get in at noon on the day of the show, weather permitting.

• 01-02-2013 2:41 AM In reply to

Likewise, Di!!

I finally made my travel plans and I'll be getting in in the early afternoon the day before, at least if BWI and Columbus aren't snowed in...  In which case, hopping in the car and making the ten hour drive in the snow!  See you all there.

so never, never hesitate
  • 01-05-2013 1:34 PM In reply to

Three weeks to go!!!!!!  Can't wait to see everyone there.  Automobile

• 01-05-2013 9:42 PM In reply to

• lor213
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 03-28-2012
    • Cleveland
    • Posts 15

Looking forward to meeting everyone! We're coming down the day before after work so we'll probably be there around 6pm or so. I'm trying to find a hotel now, any suggestions from you guys coming in from out of town? And I was thinking maybe we could have a meet up for all the people that will be there the night before if anyone is interested. I'm not really familiar with the area since i'm from Cleveland but i'm sure we could find someplace.

Lori

• 01-07-2013 12:44 AM In reply to

I'm in the same boat, looking for somewhere to stay and a way to get around... (being only 23 sucks when it comes to car rental in a city with lame public transport)

I'd love to meet up the night before.  Anyone actually from the area and have any suggestions?

so never, never hesitate
  • 01-10-2013 7:26 PM In reply to

This is my first Keane concert and I am soo excited! I'll be bringing my boyfriend and meeting another couple of friends that go to OSU. To finally go see them after being a huge fan for more than five years... This is so unbelievably exciting.
  • 01-14-2013 6:22 PM In reply to

• wink
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 01-14-2013
    • Posts 1

My wife and I will be there for this show, and we are beyond excited! This will be our second (sort of...) Keane show. We were at the show in Nashville this past summer, but it was a total bummer. Keane came out, played 6 songs, sounded GREAT, and then a transformer across the street exploded. Sound off...show over. That really sucked. Anyway, I almost had heart failure when I found out they would be playing so close to home. We are hoping they will play 'Atlantic.' It's our song, and we were especially bummed when we found out it was on the set list for the Nashville show and we missed it. So, if anyone in touch with the guys reads this...please take pity on us for missing the Nashville show and PLEASE play 'Atlantic'!!!
Page 1 of 2 (32 items) 1 2 Next >