in

I "Don't Like" Thread

Last post 03-14-2013 8:11 PM by Jules C. 81 replies.
Page 1 of 5 (82 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 11-10-2012 7:31 AM

• Jules C
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 06-16-2011
    • On a Day Like Today
    • Posts 4,889

I "Don't Like" Thread

Milky tea Sad

On A Day Like Today-We've Been Disconnected Somehow-Now There's Nothing Left To Say
  • 11-10-2012 10:39 AM In reply to

Re: I "Don't Like" Thread

Me neither. Icky.

But not quite as icky as coffee, in any guise whatsoever.

Don't change the things you do; just stay as you are
  • 11-11-2012 5:53 PM In reply to

• Jules C
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 06-16-2011
    • On a Day Like Today
    • Posts 4,889

semolina
    On A Day Like Today-We've Been Disconnected Somehow-Now There's Nothing Left To Say
  • 11-11-2012 7:32 PM In reply to

^^It shouldn't be allowed. Also, tapioca as a pudding? More an instrument of torture.

• 11-12-2012 7:17 AM In reply to

• Jules C
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 06-16-2011
    • On a Day Like Today
    • Posts 4,889

I totally agree! I remember being made to eat both at primary school, nearly made me sick Sad, i still can't bear them even to this day, yuk!
  • 11-12-2012 10:40 AM In reply to

I have a lifelong aversion to institutional custard since those days as well. Pudding was doled out at the same time as the main course*, and there would be a ghastly skin over the custard by the time you started to eat it and Ick! 

*a trip down memory lane advises me that this was not strictly true. Puddings were left on a series of separate trolleys to be distributed by senior pupils, ie those aged 10 and 11. It was a big school. The custard skin must have been an inch thick by the time the lunchtime monitors got around to every table in the hall.

• 11-12-2012 10:59 AM In reply to

''....One lump or two?... They used to serve our mashed potato in an ice cream scoop too - so it came out in a dome shape - as it was so hard and lumpy! yeughhh!!!

The custard at my primary school never had a skin on it as we were convinced they made it with water! 

The menu used to say 'assorted potatoes' because the person writing it misheard 'sauté potatoes'... 

Them were't days! xx Bon appetit girls!! xx 

• 11-12-2012 11:03 AM In reply to

And I remember an infant teacher telling us jokingly, but as 6yr olds you take your teacher's word as the honest truth - we were mixing wallpaper paste in a bucket - she told us that was on the menu today - and when we got to the dining room it was semolina pudding!

• 11-12-2012 11:08 AM In reply to

And this is the honest truth too ...   on a school trip to Whitby the Youth Hostelly place we were staying in gave us ...squashed dates on dry bread... (yes!)  for our packed lunch.

We were 'ard in Yorkshire!    (Makes me think of the 3 Yorkshiremen sketch by Clees and co!)

• 11-12-2012 11:28 AM In reply to

I expect a mouse got into the meat paste. Enterprising menu choice.

That reminds me: it took me about 20 years to realise it wasn't so much sandwiches I disliked, as butter on bread. I'd have probably wolfed down those Date Delights.  On odd days when my mum let me take sandwiches instead of making me be tortured with semolina and custard, I'd smuggle them out of the hall and bury them in a quiet corner of the field. (Somebody in Authority might have spotted them in a bin, you see.) After I'd eaten the crusts, of course. No point going hungrier than I needed to. 

I wasn't a fussy kid, I really wasn't. I was used to my mum cooking nice things, that was all.

• 11-12-2012 12:27 PM In reply to

• Jules C
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 06-16-2011
    • On a Day Like Today
    • Posts 4,889

Oh Dawn, i had forgotten all about the custard and skin!! Haha, vile, vile vile!! I used to try and slide it off to the edge of the dish but i was still made to eat it, couldn't get away with it at Primary School Wink. Had to smile about you burying your sandwiches thoughBig Smile.

Charente Maritime, Big Smile strange choice of sandwiches!! I do remember the custard at Secondary School was the runny kind though, haha Big Smile.

Thinking back though, i got away with a lot at Secondary, i used to give my dinner to my mates!

• 11-13-2012 11:36 AM In reply to

• Jules C
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 06-16-2011
    • On a Day Like Today
    • Posts 4,889

Going out wearing four layers of clothes only to have remove some because it's like a sauna in the shops!
  • 11-14-2012 7:38 AM In reply to

• Jules C
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 06-16-2011
    • On a Day Like Today
    • Posts 4,889

People letting their doggies do their business at the bottom of my garden steps and not picking it up!
  • 11-14-2012 1:24 PM In reply to

Oh, yes^^. Also cats that think our garden is a public feline convenience. Sh*t on your own land, moggies.

• 11-14-2012 2:08 PM In reply to

• Jules C
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 06-16-2011
    • On a Day Like Today
    • Posts 4,889

I've just scooped up three lots of cats 'deposits' off of my grass, this morning! It's quite a battle where we are, my neighbour even bought one of those detector things that sense movement in her garden and a light comes on. I just throw buckets of water over the cats if i catch them Wink.

• 11-15-2012 6:25 PM In reply to

• Jules C
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 06-16-2011
    • On a Day Like Today
    • Posts 4,889

The person who allowed his/her dog to deposit 'five' lots of **** outside my gate!!! Grrrrr!!!! Oh and people who say they will call you back with answer to a problem but 'never' do!! Aghhhh
  • 11-16-2012 12:34 PM In reply to

• Jules C
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 06-16-2011
    • On a Day Like Today
    • Posts 4,889

When i hold the door open for someone, in a shop and they walk through without a word of thanks or a glance in my direction! So rude!!
  • 11-16-2012 3:37 PM In reply to

I agree Jules.  It is also maddening when someone goes through the door and you are 3 steps behind and they don't hold it for you.  Really, is it going to hurt them or make them late to hold it for half a second? 

• 11-16-2012 6:52 PM In reply to

• Jules C
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 06-16-2011
    • On a Day Like Today
    • Posts 4,889

I know!! I always say in a loud voice "thank you"!!!!
  • 11-16-2012 8:04 PM In reply to

Jules C:

I've just scooped up three lots of cats 'deposits' off of my grass, this morning! It's quite a battle where we are, my neighbour even bought one of those detector things that sense movement in her garden and a light comes on. I just throw buckets of water over the cats if i catch them Wink.

When I was a little girl, a boy who lived up the road was fed up with the cat from his neighbour's over the back fence. So he got his dad's shot gun out and blasted it from short range. This spread bits of dead cat all over the neighbours garden which he had to sneak over and collect.

Page 1 of 5 (82 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next >