in

Bournemouth 4th December

Last post 12-09-2012 3:02 PM by Helen. 20 replies.
Page 1 of 2 (21 items) 1 2 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 12-05-2012 9:34 AM

• Mr D
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-11-2011
    • justanotherdawn's house
    • Posts 3,916

Bournemouth 4th December

Fun and Game's Aunty Q made it to the stage barrier last night. Expect some fine front row reporting some time later.

• 12-05-2012 9:48 AM In reply to

Re: Bournemouth 4th December

Totally brilliant! Thanks Mr D!
    Disconnected
  • 12-05-2012 10:43 AM In reply to

• Mr D
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-11-2011
    • justanotherdawn's house
    • Posts 3,916

A thouightless Aunty Q has gone off to work before reporting! But Son2 will be back from school at 3.15pm GMT and he will be eager to tell you all about his very first concert.

• 12-05-2012 1:38 PM In reply to

I shall look forward to that! Big Smile
    Disconnected
  • 12-05-2012 3:21 PM In reply to

• Son2
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-01-2009
    • I OPEN MY EYES AND IT'S A LOVELY DAY.............
    • Posts 12,839

The keane concert was good. I jumped about. I have got to pick up mummy fro Wales.
    Justanothersonofdawn

Ozzy the puppy

Bears (link goes to my account).

STOP PEOPLE FISHING! FISH FEEL PAIN!
    Filed under: ,
  • 12-05-2012 5:42 PM In reply to

Glad you enjoyed the concert Son2. I jumped about too!
    Disconnected
  • 12-05-2012 6:22 PM In reply to

Bournemouth 4th dec

Was Tim Ok ? looked subdued and didn't even wear hat at end!! Brilliant concert though

• 12-05-2012 8:35 PM In reply to

He certainly did jump about. In the tiered seating up on the balcony. Luckily we were hemmed in either side and in front by solid middle-aged men so there was a buffer against him flying into the audience below. I hope they were of a tolerant nature because Son2 was determined to extract every last ounce of enjoyment from the experience, and that included SINGING ALONG. And of course he (mercilessly) knew the words to every single song. I'd bought some sweets to keep his mouth busy during the quieter numbers, which worked very well. 

For me, the Bournemouth show beat the O2 hands down for atmosphere and sound quality. And I was very happy to see the reappearance of Day Will Come, though I did miss The Starting Line. We liked the Santa hats at the end. I presume they came in a pack of three Wink

Take it back; don't let it die
  • 12-05-2012 8:53 PM In reply to

Oh it sure sounds like Son2 had fun! So glad you had a great night Dawn. Have to admit i enjoyed the smaller venue, which was great on atmosphere and we had a good view even though we were standing at the back. Yes and i loved hearing Day Will Come too. So who wasn't wearing a hat?
    Disconnected
  • 12-05-2012 9:10 PM In reply to

Tim was the party pooper, no doubt he was more conscious of looking like a Numpty than the rest. Shame really because it made him look more conspicuous. It was an amazing night, I agree with Dawn that it was miles better than the O2 (although a fair bit shorter.) A fab time was had by all, even my 12 year old who normally only grunts admitted that he'd really enjoyed it. 9 year old son No2 was bowled over with excitement and Mr Q declared it better than the Coldplay gig, need I say more?

Thanks as usual to Sam xx .
  • 12-05-2012 9:17 PM In reply to

Sounds like a great night! And well done Mr Q! I'm glad that you all enjoyed it Big Smile

Yes i enjoyed the 02 when my son and i went in 2007 but i do love the smaller venue's. I think the Winter Gardens holds about 1900 standing and it was a fantastic night and the crowd were really up for it.

Disconnected
  • 12-05-2012 9:19 PM In reply to

Re: Bournemouth 4th dec

Hi kevin39, welcome to the forum! I'm Jules Big Smile. Glad you enjoyed the gig!
    Disconnected
  • 12-05-2012 10:08 PM In reply to

Mr D(reary) wishes to point out that NOT wearing a Christmas party hat onstage is by far the cooler decision.

Zip it! 

• 12-07-2012 7:58 AM In reply to

It was a fab night, great time had by all :)! Santa hats very cute! Wolf Gang also worth mentioning, thought they were very good.

Appreciative review in the Bournemouth Echo here

http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/leisure/reviews/10092028.Keane_are_a_real_crowd_pleaser/

Sue x

Thanks to daisy68 for the avi and siggy
  • 12-07-2012 12:29 PM In reply to

Hi sueloveskeane, so glad you had a great night! I thought Wolf Gang were very good indeed, one of the best support bands i've ever seen. Thanks for the review.

Jules xxx

Disconnected
  • 12-07-2012 6:00 PM In reply to

From Bart Simpson's Guide to Life:

'And for Christmas parties, you are NOT required to wear one of those stupid hats, so don't let 'em make you'.

You should've all gone: HAT., HAT , HAT, HAT like on the Tesco's Xmas advert.

The older I get, the more I realise that I know nothing about nothing
  • 12-08-2012 4:45 PM In reply to

You can leave your hat on.....

Great to read everyone had such a fab time, couldn't make Bournemouth sadly, work got in the way, chunter, chunter. 

Helen

• 12-09-2012 7:22 AM In reply to

Sounds like it was a fantastic show! So glad you all had a great time! And the santa hats were a cute touch Wink Love it!

Thanks for posting the great review, sueloveskeane!

There's no map to guide our way
  • 12-09-2012 10:45 AM In reply to

Helen:

You can leave your hat on.....

Now that would have been a novel way to end a tour.

• 12-09-2012 1:17 PM In reply to

Hi Everybody!  Sorry this is a little late, I have just recovered from the most perfect week!!!  3 Keane gigs in a week!! The travelling wore me out a bit, but it was very much worth it!!! (not to mention the late nights!!!!!!). I think I put about 920 miles on my car, but never mind, it was certainly worth it!!!LOL!!!

Bournemouth was BRILLIANT!!  I have tried uploading photo's, but the site isnt allowing me to! Boo Hoo!! But I wont give up, I will try again another day!!   I managed to get to 3rd row, I couldnt get there as early as I wanted but at least I made it!!!LOL!!!   The hall was electric from the start off, I was dancing and waving my arms from the start off!!!!  The sound quality was superb, and Tom's wonderful voice, as fantastic as ever!  Bless Tom for wearing his hat!!!  He nearly managed a whole song with it on, but gave in to his coolness, and took it off!!!!!  Well done to Jesse and Richard for keeping theirs on throughout the whole song!!!!!LOL!!  And Tim...well!!!!  Perhaps his Keyboards insisted on wearing the hat, I think so because the hat didnt move off the top of it!!!!!!LOL!!!   Thank you so much Keane, for giving your all for this performance, you took me to another planet!!!!   The tears appeared for me again, this time to Somewhere Only We Know!!!!  Its just Tom's voice, its so beautiful!  I enjoyed every second, and will cherish the memory for a very long time!!    I had to queue for ages to get coats etc afterwards, but I did manage to wave the boys off in their Tour Bus!!  And managed to mime the words THANKYOU to them!!! 

Oh What a night!!!!!!  The whole place was rocking!!!!!!  Thank you so much for a great night Keane!

Page 1 of 2 (21 items) 1 2 Next >