in

Jules' Perfect Keane Concert Centre

Last post 06-02-2014 7:49 AM by Son2. 453 replies.
Page 1 of 23 (454 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last »
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 12-05-2012 9:29 PM

• Mr D
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-11-2011
    • justanotherdawn's house
    • Posts 3,916

Jules' Perfect Keane Concert Centre

Jules wants a Keane concert centre built in Dover. Economics are to be ignored!

Draft Plans:

Unlike mere super arenas the Keane centre will come equipped for the pre-concert wait and a post concert chill-out. There will be an attached hotel so fans do not have to split up after the concert.

Fans will meet-up hours before the concert in the pre-concert centre. Where they can wait indoor on comfy couches .

Around the outside of this centre will be open arches giving access to a circular walk way where Jolien will manage a gallery of life sized band photographs from previous concerts and recording sessions.

Amanda will run a Stroopwafel stall.

• 12-05-2012 9:39 PM In reply to

• Mr D
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-11-2011
    • Posts 3,916

Re: Jule's Perfect Keane Concert Centre

The doors out of the main arena will lead into to a Post Concert Chill Out centre within crawling distance of the hotel rooms.

Here will be Suzie's Red Wine Bar, incoporating Dawns Chocolate counters. In a side room will be Kaz's photo studio where the band will wait to meet each fan in turn and have some photo takens. A short passage will lead to Jule's Keane Disco.

What we need inbetween is a main arena where everyone, standing and sitting, get 'front row' to the band at some point during the show. Or perhaps just have a capacity of 50 fans.

• 12-05-2012 9:41 PM In reply to

Mr D! This is awesome! I'm loving the pre-concert and post-concert waiting areas, genius!!! And the hotel would be perfect for us to all get together! I would, of course, offer to put everyone up at my house but i've only three bedrooms Wink. This is a very detailed plan and i must congratulate you on your presentation!

The only sticking point is our local Council which won't let us have anything in Dover! Sad

Disconnected
  • 12-05-2012 9:45 PM In reply to

Oh yes! Red Wine and Chocolate! Perfect!

How are we going to get everyone to get 'front row' though? A circular stage which turns?

Disconnected
  • 12-05-2012 10:15 PM In reply to

Well, I don't know about you, but since I'm married to the designer I'm going to claim my dream front-row sofa. I can sit comfortably, and nobody is allowed to stand anywhere in the line of sight between me and the stage.

Mr D can have a special route to bring refreshments as required.

Take it back; don't let it die
  • 12-05-2012 10:33 PM In reply to

I'll just settle for friggin ticket scanners to work so peasants who arrived hours after me don't get a better view.

Thanks as usual to Sam xx .
  • 12-05-2012 10:38 PM In reply to

• Mr D
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-11-2011
    • Posts 3,916

You can just bring your horse whip and sort them out yourself.

• 12-05-2012 10:43 PM In reply to

• Amethyst
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 12-30-2009
    • Stranded in the wrong time
    • Posts 11,606

Pizza, anyone?

If they won't allow it in Dover, then I'll just have to start bribing convincing my local councillors that this is just what our town needs to boost its flagging economy.  Nice and central for everyone, too.

Do caterers get reserved seating chair-shaped coat hangers in front of the CP70?

Sarah

Keane merchandise store raising funds for Amnesty International: http://www.cafepress.co.uk/KeaneFansForAmnesty

• 12-05-2012 10:45 PM In reply to

As long as they don't obscure my view, of course they do.

Take it back; don't let it die
  • 12-05-2012 10:58 PM In reply to

• Amethyst
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 12-30-2009
    • Stranded in the wrong time
    • Posts 11,606

I believe designers' spouses get the next coat hanger along, so we should be OK there.
    Sarah

Keane merchandise store raising funds for Amnesty International: http://www.cafepress.co.uk/KeaneFansForAmnesty

• 12-05-2012 11:09 PM In reply to

• Mr D
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-11-2011
    • Posts 3,916

Amethyst:

Do caterers get reserved seating chair-shaped coat hangers in front of the CP70?

If I get extra green olives they get a seat on stage next to the CP70

• 12-06-2012 7:20 AM In reply to

• Mr D
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-11-2011
    • Posts 3,916

VACANCY

pay: £10 hour + complimentary concert tickets.

Delivery Person required to take pizzas backstage for the band.

Apply to Amethyst

NOTE: Under the 1973 sex equality exclusions act this job has been deemed unsuitable for hungry husbands.

• 12-06-2012 7:49 AM In reply to

I would like to formally apply for the job of Delivery Person! Please Sarah WinkPizza

Also i would be on hand if anyone wanted a guided tour of the sights of Dover! The historic sights are worth it but a tour of the town centre will only take 10 minutes! Hahaha, make that 9!!!!

Disconnected
  • 12-06-2012 7:18 PM In reply to

• Mr D
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-11-2011
    • Posts 3,916

Hi Jules,

we could borrow Mr Q's Telly and rent AFC Dover's hall for the Austen show.

• 12-06-2012 7:47 PM In reply to

Hi Mr D,

No need to borrow Mr Q's telly, there are large tv screens all round the hall! It is a little out of town though!

Jules

Disconnected
  • 12-06-2012 7:59 PM In reply to

• Mr D
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-11-2011
    • Posts 3,916

We will still invite Suzie, we'll need a bouncer.
  • 12-06-2012 9:11 PM In reply to

We could use a couple of the lads from Dover Rugby Club?

Back to your plans, i think the old cinema/nightclub which closed down in Dover in the year 1755 (haha) would be an ideal venue for the Concert Centre. It is close to the seafront and the port and so would be good for our Keane members/fans in Europe!

Disconnected
  • 12-07-2012 6:26 PM In reply to

• Mr D
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-11-2011
    • Posts 3,916

Heres a small circular arena with lots of barrier space, even for the seats. Standing area slightly lowered to afford all a view of the band. Poor Tom has to run around a circular walk way so all fans get some singing right next to them.

Since its circular the roof has to be a 'crystal ball', with the band lit by the stars and some swirling Dover mist for sea fog.

• 12-07-2012 6:41 PM In reply to

The Crystal Ball effect is perfect and Dover will never fail to help out with the mist! I like the Petite Section! I'm slightly too tall for that area so i could go to the other standing parts. It's all looking very good Wink Great shading too Mr D!
    Disconnected
  • 12-07-2012 6:47 PM In reply to

• Mr D
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-11-2011
    • Posts 3,916

Lets have a full size Jules photo at the door, and stand every fan against you to see which half they stand in. (It'll have to be a photo because the real jules would will be jumping up and down too much to make an accurate measurement)
Page 1 of 23 (454 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last »