in

Favourite Christmas.........?

Last post 12-24-2012 9:40 PM by sparrow. 29 replies.
Page 1 of 2 (30 items) 1 2 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 12-18-2012 12:36 PM

• Jules C
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 06-16-2011
    • On a Day Like Today
    • Posts 4,890

Favourite Christmas.........?

I thought we could just have a laugh and ask a question each day about Christmas (anything you like)! Be fun to see what everyone says Wink

I'll kick off.

What's everyone's favourite Christmas song?

Mine is 'Last Christmas' by Wham! I love the video and the song, George Michael don't look bad either! Hehe

On A Day Like Today-We've Been Disconnected Somehow-Now There's Nothing Left To Say
  • 12-18-2012 1:49 PM In reply to

Re: Favourite Christmas.........?

Greg Lake's I Believe In Father Christmas, though I do enjoy peeling potatoes to In Dulce Jubilo by Mike Oldfield. It's probably a good thing that I don't allow myself to have sharp knives.

Don't change the things you do; just stay as you are
  • 12-18-2012 6:32 PM In reply to

• Jules C
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 06-16-2011
    • On a Day Like Today
    • Posts 4,890

Brings to mind a scene from Edward Scissorhands! Wink.
    On A Day Like Today-We've Been Disconnected Somehow-Now There's Nothing Left To Say
  • 12-19-2012 5:03 AM In reply to

Yesterday I heard "There's Something About Christmastime" by Bryan Adams.  It immediately made me feel like I was 16 again.

• 12-19-2012 1:54 PM In reply to

• Jules C
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 06-16-2011
    • On a Day Like Today
    • Posts 4,890

Oh that's lovely when that happens, Melanie Smile

What's everyone's favourite part of their Christmas Dinner?

I love roasted parsnips!

• 12-19-2012 1:56 PM In reply to

Everything

My mushroom and nut roast. 

• 12-19-2012 3:20 PM In reply to

Ha ha, Dawn.  I wanted to say everything, as well, but then I remembered green beans - yuck.  I guess my favorite is homemade meatballs with mashed potatoes.  Not traditional fare, I know, but it's my husband's favorite so that's what we've been having the past few years.

• 12-19-2012 6:27 PM In reply to

• Jules C
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 06-16-2011
    • On a Day Like Today
    • Posts 4,890

Ooh i love meatballs, Melanie!

Dawn, i've never tried mushroom and nut roast but i adore mushrooms!

• 12-20-2012 9:03 AM In reply to

• Jules C
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 06-16-2011
    • On a Day Like Today
    • Posts 4,890

Favourite Christmas Carol?

Mine is Hark The Herald Angels Sing! Makes me want to sing as loud as possible, i just can't sing in tune though, hehe.

• 12-20-2012 10:04 AM In reply to

I like In The Bleak Midwinter. Either tune. But can I make a special plea for The First Nowell, because a) it's one of the few songs I can play on a keyboard and b) I haven't heard it sung for years.

• 12-20-2012 10:25 AM In reply to

• Jules C
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 06-16-2011
    • On a Day Like Today
    • Posts 4,890

You certainly can Dawn! Well done! I wish i could play any instrument, at primary school i was always given the triangle to playEmbarrassed. My mum bought me a recorder but i couldn't get the hang of it!

The last time i heard The First Nowell was at Midnight Mass a few years ago.

• 12-20-2012 10:30 AM In reply to

• sparrow
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 12-09-2012
    • Salisbury,UK
    • Posts 133

I'd have to agree with Dawn...Hi Dawn!!!...I'm Angie, good to meet you! In the Bleak Midwinter is a beautiful song...always brings a lump to my throat! Oh, and my favourite part of Christmas dinner?...not having to be the one to cook it!!!!
    Your whole life lies ahead...Its just around the bend...
  • 12-20-2012 11:56 AM In reply to

• Jules C
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 06-16-2011
    • On a Day Like Today
    • Posts 4,890

Haha Angie, i've forgotten what it's like to have my Christmas dinner cooked for me! Wink
  • 12-21-2012 8:58 AM In reply to

• Jules C
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 06-16-2011
    • On a Day Like Today
    • Posts 4,890

Your favourite out of a box of chocolates? Stick out tongue

Two way tie for me with coffee cream and anything with raspberry in it!

• 12-21-2012 9:35 AM In reply to

• sparrow
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 12-09-2012
    • Salisbury,UK
    • Posts 133

Yuuummmm...chocolate! Mine would have to be...this is a difficult decision...a chocolate truffle! Chocolate on the inside and outside...can never get enough chocolate lol!!....or maybe an orange cream!!!!

Your whole life lies ahead...Its just around the bend...
  • 12-21-2012 10:48 AM In reply to

I honestly can't decide. Chocolates are a serious year-round matter for me. Maybe raspberry (but only with REAL FRUIT).

• 12-21-2012 2:29 PM In reply to

• Jules C
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 06-16-2011
    • On a Day Like Today
    • Posts 4,890

Oh yes definitely Dawn, has to be real fruit! I'm lucky as my lot are not fond of serious chocolates so i usually have a seperate box for myself!
  • 12-22-2012 10:37 AM In reply to

• Jules C
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 06-16-2011
    • On a Day Like Today
    • Posts 4,890

Favourite Christmas Pudding or Dessert?

I don't like Christmas pudding so i normally have something like a chocolate torte or a toffee and pecan pavlova Stick out tongue

• 12-22-2012 4:24 PM In reply to

Jules, you just reminded me of my love for pecan pie!  Dawn, I think we share a love of chocolate!  I like most chocolate, hotel chocolate choc chip chocolates just now! 

I do love In The Bleak Midwinter but favourite has to be Oh Little Town of Bethlehem, 'Our Hopes and Fears through all the years are met in thee tonight'.  Brilliant. 

Helen

• 12-22-2012 6:10 PM In reply to

Hi everyone! How did I miss this thread? lol! Big Smile My favorite Christmas carol would probably be a tie between Oh Holy Night and We Three Kings. They just get me every time! Angie, I agree, my favorite part of Christmas dinner would have to be that I don't have to make it! Hahaha! But my mom makes THE best cheesy potatoes! Oh yum, I could eat a pile as big as my head, lol! And she makes a gorgeous pistachio torte for dessert. It's sooooo good, it has whipped cream and chocolate and toffee bits on top.... omg, it's to die for. And my favorite chocolate would have to be a vanilla cream! I'm kind of boring! Hahaha! But really *any* chocolate is fine by me! Helen, Oh Little Town of Bethlehem is a great one! Wink

There's no map to guide our way
Page 1 of 2 (30 items) 1 2 Next >