in

Our Best of 2012

Last post 03-20-2014 11:08 PM by midomidi2013. 7 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-06-2013 3:47 PM

Our Best of 2012

Well, Keane have done their best of 2012 (though I think still Tom's to go) so thought it would be fun to share our best of 2012 and just put anything and everything rather than stick to one format but I have pinched some ideas from the questions asked to the band.  Heregoes!

Best holiday - Visting Torquay with mum, got the best weather of the year I think it was sunny and warm most of the week.  I also loved visiting Chester Zoo when we stayed in Chester for a few nights. 

Best gig - I really can't choose between the Nottingham and Birmingham gig, Nottingham stands out of course because I met Tim for the first time but Birmingham well, the atmosphere was insane, will never forget it! 

Best album - Strangeland, of course. 

Best thing to happen at work - our department won a 'Stars' award at the ceremony they have each year!  Such a great atmosphere that night, was like winning an Oscar lol! 

Best birthday - mum turned 70 on 17 August, loved spoiling her with presents, shopping trip and visit to Chatsworth House. 

Best thing someone else bought for you - chocolate Christmas tree mum got me for Christmas that I have just finished. 

Best thing I bought myself - my new car a sunrise coloured Ford Ka

Best website - this one naturally, where I have made so many incredible new friends and was even lucky enough to meet a couple of you at the gigs! 

Best meal out - the Mill House Hotel, Chester, they had a vegetarian menu, it was food heaven! 

Happy New Year to you all!

Helen

• 01-11-2013 7:05 AM In reply to

Re: Our Best of 2012

My year was a little different this go around.  Not a lot of bests except when it comes to my kids.  My twin sons both graduated in the top ten of their high school class (number 3 and 7).  My daughter won the spelling bee at her school (and I just found out that she's been picked by her teacher to represent her class again this year).  My husband and I celebrated our 20th anniversary.  I have to agree with Helen about the best album and best website - always Keane.

Happy 2013!!!

• 01-13-2013 12:40 PM In reply to

• Jules C
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 06-16-2011
    • On a Day Like Today
    • Posts 4,902

Oh that's great Melanie! Well done to your sons and your daughter, how lovely that she has been picked to represent her class!

Helen, i love Torquay!

My 2012 was not one of my best. Taking my health for granted was something that hit me with full force and breaking up with my partner literally brought me to my knees but i am learning to look after myself better now.

I did have two wonderful mini-cruises with my son, a fantastic album from my favourite ever band and the 'gig' which was magical! And making lots of lovely friends here on the forum, which is my second home now!

Jules xxx 

On A Day Like Today-We've Been Disconnected Somehow-Now There's Nothing Left To Say
  • 01-15-2013 10:56 PM In reply to

Update : Emily won the school spelling bee!  Now it's off to the county bee. 

Jules, I'm so sorry to hear 2012 wasn't so great for you.  I'm glad you're looking after yourself now, though.  Strange how it takes something like that to make you realize you are important as well.  The mini-cruises with your son sound like a lot of fun. And the gig, wow.  I doubt I'll ever go to a concert, but I sure am looking forward to the live stream on the 17th.  My son is supposed to hook his laptop to the TV and let me watch it on the big screen.  I hope it works out.  (I am even considering giving the livingroom an extra good 'clean up'.)

MelanieParty!!!

• 01-16-2013 9:23 PM In reply to

• Jules C
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 06-16-2011
    • On a Day Like Today
    • Posts 4,902

Hi Melanie! Oh well done to Emily Party!!!, that's fantastic. Tell her good luck from me for the county bee!

I hope your son can get the laptop connected to the tv ok for the live stream. That will be great to watch! I will keep my fingers crossed for you. I hope that maybe one day you can go and see Keane 'live' but this will be awesome for you to watch on the big screen.

Jules xxx

On A Day Like Today-We've Been Disconnected Somehow-Now There's Nothing Left To Say
  • 01-17-2013 12:51 PM In reply to

• EM1977
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-07-2012
    • Warrington,England
    • Posts 137

Hi all.Well I`d have to say 1 of the best things about 2012 was definitely seeing Keane (for the 1st time) at the Manchester Arena..29th Nov will always bring such lovely memories to me Wink Emma xx
    The map of my world gets smaller as I sit here pulling at the loose threads
  • 01-19-2013 3:42 PM In reply to

Hi MelanieD, congrats on your children's achievements, sounds like they are doing really well!  Happy Anniversary to you and your husband!

Emma, I did not realise Manchester was your first Keane gig, I have read previous posts that Manchester is always a crazy atmosphere!  I keep threatening to do a Manchester Keane gig, maybe one day.   

Here's wishing everyone a positive 2013!

Helen

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)