in

Keane in Dallas, TX - January 18, 2013

Last post 02-03-2013 7:23 AM by chrisie703. 22 replies.
Page 1 of 2 (23 items) 1 2 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-06-2013 7:55 PM

Keane in Dallas, TX - January 18, 2013

Anyone else going??  I'll be there nice and early to try to get a good spot...hope the weather is good enough to stand outside!! Smile 
    Was it all in real time, or was it just in my mind?...Forget the ghosts that make you old before your time...
  • 01-12-2013 5:34 PM In reply to

Re: Keane in Dallas, TX - January 18, 2013

I'll be there! Never been to Texas before - so I'm REALLY excited about this trip!

xx Leah xx
    Founder + chief fan girl at @KeaneShadow

Sometimes a dream itself can keep you safe...
  • 01-14-2013 8:29 PM In reply to

I hope you both have a brilliant time in Dallas! I'm so excited for you!

Jules xxx

Disconnected
  • 01-17-2013 6:02 AM In reply to

Oceanrose:

I'll be there! Never been to Texas before - so I'm REALLY excited about this trip!

Great!!  Maybe I'll see you there!!  I've been to other parts of Texas before, but not Dallas (unless the airport counts!), so I'm excited for it too!! Smile  What time do you think you'll be getting in line for GA, or do you have one of the balcony seats?  Have a great time!

Was it all in real time, or was it just in my mind?...Forget the ghosts that make you old before your time...
  • 01-17-2013 6:03 AM In reply to

Jules C:

I hope you both have a brilliant time in Dallas! I'm so excited for you!

Jules xxx

Thank you Jules, that's so nice of you!! Smile 

• 01-18-2013 7:29 AM In reply to

I hope you have a fantastic time, I would love to hear all about it.  Thinking of you!

Tracey xx

• 01-18-2013 8:30 AM In reply to

Have a fantastic time everyone!! Big Smile

There's no map to guide our way
  • 01-18-2013 12:11 PM In reply to

Kari and everyone else going to the Dallas gig, have a brilliant time!

Jules xxx

Disconnected
  • 01-19-2013 7:04 AM In reply to

• dhbull
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 08-01-2008
    • member since Nov. 2006
    • Posts 431

Just retuened from ouse of blues.... Fabulous of course!! I knew they wouldnt disappoint!!I

thanks andrea
  • 01-20-2013 2:16 AM In reply to

Got home from Dallas this morning, and I'm at a loss for words!!  They were so amazing - even better than they were when I saw them last summer!!  I got to the venue around 1pm and there were only 2 other people there then.  I ended up buying this "skip the line" deal where you could get inside at 4pm and be in front of everyone waiting outside.  I'm so happy I did it because there seemed to be quite a few people who went for it, so I'm not sure I would have gotten a very good spot if I had stayed in the normal line outside.  I ended up in the front row in front of Tim, exactly where I wanted to be since I'd already been on Jesse's side before.  The opening act Youngblood Hawke were ok, though their drums (I don't know how many they had, but there were a lot and they all used them at the same time - it was pretty overwhelming at times) where pretty loud and we all found that we couldn't hear quite as well after they were all done with their set.  They were quite energetic though, so that's always appreciated. 

Once Keane came on the time flew by and every single song sounded so clear and crisp!!  My favorite was definitely 'Spiralling' as I've been dying to hear that song live - it didn't disappoint!  'Sovereign Light Cafe' was another favorite too...everyone in the crowd really sang their hearts out on that one, making it one of the more memorable moments of the night for me.  I was really happy to see that Tim seemed to be himself again - moving around, standing up, etc - he seemed really into it all.  Tom ran around the stage quite a bit, making a lot of good eye contact with us all and of course his voice was flawless as always.  Richard was sort of blocked from my view by his drum kit, but he was also just as amazing as he always is.  Jesse didn't venture much from his spot on the right side of the stage, but looked happy and sounded great.  The setlist didn't vary too much from recent shows, as you all probably know.  The crowd overall seemed great to me, singing along to all the songs and cheering loudly.  My one disappointment was that we were told we weren't allowed to take any videos - not sure if that was a House of Blues rule or a Keane rule (probably HOB) - but I would have loved to be able to watch some of it over again.  You can view some of my photos here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/82258695@N04/sets/72157632567052274/with/8396802425/    

Afterwards I decided to stay after to try and meet the band out by their buses even though I only had a few short hours before I had to be at the airport.  They really seemed to take their time coming out, and Richard and Tim ended up being the only ones who came to sign things/take photos.  Tom and Jesse were apparently already on their bus and wouldn't be coming back out.  Richard and Tim were both so nice and I'm so thankful to them for taking some time to visit with us.  Being a bit star struck I couldn't get my mouth to say anything I had planned on saying to them, and only managed to get out the general stuff like saying hello/asking for signature/picture/saying thank you.  I got signatures from them both and also had my picture taken with them - definitely a night I won't ever forget!!  Thank you so much Keane for sharing your wonderful music with us all, it means more than you will ever know!!  Oh, and hello to Deb, Leah, the 2 girls from Oklahoma (I'm so sorry I can't remember your names!!  My brain doesn't work very well when I'm sleep deprived!), and everyone else I waited in line with!!  It was great being around other people who feel the same way about Keane!!                     

• 01-20-2013 9:44 AM In reply to

Oh Kari, it's sounds just perfect! I'm thrilled to bits you had such a great night! What a fantastic idea to have this 'skip the line' thing! Well done for getting to the front row :-). Oh the way you describe the gig takes me back to Brighton in 2006, we got second row from the front and seeing the guys close up was a dream!

That's brilliant that you got to meet Tim and Richard! Memories to keep forever. I hope you have another truly magical night tonight :-) take care and i hope all goes well with the travelling.

Jules xxx

Disconnected
  • 01-20-2013 9:45 AM In reply to

Hi dhbull, so glad you had a great night :-)

Jules xxx

Disconnected
  • 01-20-2013 2:55 PM In reply to

Kari, dhbull, great to hear you had an amazing time.  Thanks for the great review and photos Kari!

Helen

• 01-20-2013 6:47 PM In reply to

Hi dnbull, thats great that you had such a brilliant time, thanks for sharing with us.
  • 01-20-2013 6:50 PM In reply to

Hi Kari!! Oh I'm so pleased that you had such an amazing time!  The 'skip the line' sounds fantastic!  I'm so happy that you got a great view.  It was really lovely to read your review.  Thank you so much for taking the time to write all about it and for sharing your special evening with us.  Take care on your travels sweetie. xxSmile  Thank you for sharing the photos, they are great.
  • 01-20-2013 7:45 PM In reply to

• dhbull
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 08-01-2008
    • member since Nov. 2006
    • Posts 431

Im looking for the husband and wife from austin tht we sat in line with.... I know its random but i thought i woyld see if u were here... Wanted to know if u got to meet anyone after the show cuz my daughter and i didnt stay around

thanks andrea
  • 01-24-2013 2:14 AM In reply to

Jules C:

Oh Kari, it's sounds just perfect! I'm thrilled to bits you had such a great night! What a fantastic idea to have this 'skip the line' thing! Well done for getting to the front row :-). Oh the way you describe the gig takes me back to Brighton in 2006, we got second row from the front and seeing the guys close up was a dream!

That's brilliant that you got to meet Tim and Richard! Memories to keep forever. I hope you have another truly magical night tonight :-) take care and i hope all goes well with the travelling.

Jules xxx

Thanks Jules, it was perfect!  Yes, seeing them close up is quite the experience!  The 'skip the line' thing was a great idea - I wish they had it every time!! (or maybe they do and I just don't know about it!) 

• 01-24-2013 2:18 AM In reply to

Helen:

Kari, dhbull, great to hear you had an amazing time.  Thanks for the great review and photos Kari!

Helen

Thank you Helen!!  You're welcome for the review and photos, I'm more than happy to share them with you all!! 

• 01-24-2013 2:21 AM In reply to

tkcherry:
    Hi Kari!! Oh I'm so pleased that you had such an amazing time!  The 'skip the line' sounds fantastic!  I'm so happy that you got a great view.  It was really lovely to read your review.  Thank you so much for taking the time to write all about it and for sharing your special evening with us.  Take care on your travels sweetie. xxSmile  Thank you for sharing the photos, they are great.

Thank you so much for the kind message Tracey!!  The view was amazing!  I'm glad you enjoyed the photos/review!!

Hope you are doing well? 

• 01-24-2013 2:25 AM In reply to

dhbull:
    Im looking for the husband and wife from austin tht we sat in line with.... I know its random but i thought i woyld see if u were here... Wanted to know if u got to meet anyone after the show cuz my daughter and i didnt stay around

Hi dhbull, I don't know about the husband/wife you sat with, but I stayed after and Tim and Richard came out...so if those people stayed Richard/Tim would have been the ones they would have met.

Page 1 of 2 (23 items) 1 2 Next >