in

hmv

Last post 03-24-2013 9:03 AM by Jules C. 7 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-15-2013 1:16 AM

i find it really sad that hmv is closing down. why do people not buy physical releases? i find it so boring downloading an album, a band is more than just music, like album covers, videos and artwork. are you sad to see hmv go?
  • 01-15-2013 9:05 AM In reply to

• Jules C
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 06-16-2011
    • On a Day Like Today
    • Posts 4,890

Re: hmv

Hi adelaide, i totally agree with you! I have to admit i've never downloaded a song in my life, i like to buy the cd and have the album cover and read the lyrics etc. The artwork is also something i like to have.

I feel sad that HMV will be going. I have ordered many cd's from their online store, mainly because we don't have an HMV in Dover. But when i go to Folkestone or Canterbury i spend ages browsing round HMV store's there. Such a shame!

Jules xxx

On A Day Like Today-We've Been Disconnected Somehow-Now There's Nothing Left To Say
  • 01-15-2013 9:11 AM In reply to

• Jules C
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 06-16-2011
    • On a Day Like Today
    • Posts 4,890

I wonder if they will still have an online store like Zavvi?
    On A Day Like Today-We've Been Disconnected Somehow-Now There's Nothing Left To Say
  • 01-15-2013 10:54 AM In reply to

Maybe the administrators can pull something out of the bag? *clutching at straws*

There are no hip and groovy independent record stores around here, so the closure of anywhere selling actual physical records is a disaster for the shopping experience.

Don't change the things you do; just stay as you are
  • 01-15-2013 12:54 PM In reply to

• Jules C
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 06-16-2011
    • On a Day Like Today
    • Posts 4,890

Yes i agree Dawn. We haven't had anywhere to buy cd's in Dover for a number of years. I used to get some in Woolies but that went out the window. I hope that this isn't the start of the physical record being phased out?
  • 01-17-2013 8:28 AM In reply to

• Jules C
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 06-16-2011
    • On a Day Like Today
    • Posts 4,890

And now Blockbusters!! Does anyone else feel like the world is closing in?
  • 01-17-2013 7:58 PM In reply to

• Jules C
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 06-16-2011
    • On a Day Like Today
    • Posts 4,890

I see that the HMV online website is suspended. Such a shame.
  • 03-24-2013 9:03 AM In reply to

• Jules C
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 06-16-2011
    • On a Day Like Today
    • Posts 4,890

Folkestone branch is no more Sad. Went in there on Tuesday and it had a very sad feel about it. They were even selling the shelves and racks off! So sad!
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)