in

Top three Keane songs!

Last post 02-10-2013 4:57 PM by katharine.penney@gmail.com. 31 replies.
Page 1 of 2 (32 items) 1 2 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-27-2013 10:22 PM

Top three Keane songs!

I love to get feedback on what other fans like. It really is hard to pick (i know), but personally my top three currently are... Nothing in My Way- because it is a song I could listen to in any mood and get lost in his voice, Spirailing- because that song makes me automatically dance, and makes me happy. And third but never last - Is it Any wonder
    Filed under: ,
  • 01-28-2013 7:49 AM In reply to

Re: Top three Keane songs!

Hi katrina21x, yes it's great to find out what others have as favourites etc. I totally agree with you about NIMW!

My top three are  1. On A Day Like Today - I just love the layers of Tom's voice at the end of the song and the words to the song just mean a lot to me on a personal level. Listening to the song with headphones on, i can just lose myself totally! 2. Nothing In My Way - i love everything about this song, the music, the words and Tom's amazing voice! 3. Disconnected - because every word fits how i was feeling last year when i had a very bad split with my ex. I love the music and it reminds me so much of NIMW.

OADLT and NIMW are very special to me as i first heard them when Keane did a gig at the Royal Albert Hall in London. as part of the Teenage Cancer Trust in 2005. They did the songs from H&F and at one point Tom shouted out "did we want to hear some new songs" and of course everyone went mad!! And they did NIMW and i loved loved loved it from first listen and always have. When i saw them in December last year, to hear NIMW and Disconnected was a dream Big Smile

Jules xxx

Disconnected
  • 01-28-2013 10:54 AM In reply to

Hi, Katrina and Jules!!!!

Currently, here are my top three KEANE songs:

•  PERFECT SYMMETRY - "This life is lived in perfect symmetry, what I do that will be done to me...." "Who are you? what are you fighting for? Holy Truth, brother i chose this mortal life....." maybe you'll find life in unkind and over so soon ..There is no golden gate, no heaven waiting for you....." and then this, "spineless dreamers hide in churches....." Just gives me goosebumps....Watch them live at the Seine Festival on YouTube and you'll agree with me. Watching them performing that and seeing Tom singing made me feel as if his arms are around me. Oh dear!
    • IT's NOT TRUE - "you've been watching dawn from the gutter, Trading one bad move for another..." So don't you say there's something in your core that can't be saved cuz it's not true and every atom of my heart is missing you......"
    • BLACK BURNING HEART - " The sky will be my shroud a monument of cloud. If we could turn back you can paper over the crack but it will return now and your heart will burn black....." " I know everything you said was right and I suppose everything is here forever till it goes...you gave it all away, kept nothing for yourself just a picture on the shelf." Kindly check out KEANE Lotto Arena-Black Burning Heart Acoustic!!!! Just simply beautiful and to think Tom was under the weather that day.
    Each heart is a paper kite blown around by the breeze
    Love won't rest till it brings you to your knees
    Some find it easy, some will never even know......
  • 01-28-2013 12:24 PM In reply to

Hi anouk23! Great choices for your top three!! I love It's Not True! The words fit so well to how i feel sometimes on my low days. My second favourite on Strangeland!

Jules xxx

Disconnected
  • 01-28-2013 2:41 PM In reply to

my favourite 3 keane songs are 1. you dont see me 2. day will come 3. everybodys changing.
  • 01-28-2013 4:09 PM In reply to

Hey Jules... firstly aww!! SO true! Awesome selections!! I have never got to see them live, so you are very lucky! I live in NYC and they are currently touring the U.S. (aweeesomeee) but I found out wayyy to late that they were even here =(. (I was following around Coldplays U.S. tour which was going on during the same time) So by the time I heard KEANE would be right here in NYC THIS THURSDAY it was too late, and they are all sold out. The only tickets left are ones I can't afford right now again cause I found out too late =\. So yes enjoy those memories!! :-D Disconnected is another greattt song.
  • 01-28-2013 4:12 PM In reply to

Hello Adelaide ...Great songs, I especially love Everybody's changing too!! :-D Thanks for sharing
  • 01-28-2013 4:14 PM In reply to

Hiii Anouk23 Wow that was such a beautiful way say your favorite songs! Thanks for sharing. Also thanks for the suggestions, BTW have you ever got to see them perform any of the above songs? =)
  • 01-28-2013 5:11 PM In reply to

Hi katrina21x, aww i'm so sorry that you can't get to see Keane at the Radio City Music Hall. NYC is my favourite place on earth, ever!! My son and i have been there three times and we both love it so much. I took loads of pictures of Radio City Music Hall as in the Strangers DVD the guys were standing right outside the building! I'm crazy like that Wink Have you tried putting a post on the Merch. section on the off-chance someone is selling tickets to the gig Thursday? Worth a look anyway! Great to have you with us on the forum! Big Smile

Jules xxx

Disconnected
  • 01-28-2013 5:26 PM In reply to

Thanks Jules =). Also aww yes I love this city, and would loveeee to visit London so bad! i love everything about the East Side, especially your musicians =D! Also I what's funny is I have tried the Merch section which actually led me to find this beautiful site and found two sellers!!
  • 01-28-2013 5:35 PM In reply to

...But one person was trying to sell nosebleeds for TWICE face value...and, no ! lol The other was a nice woman whom I contacted but couldn't afford those right now =\. I am in contact with a person selling tickets to the concert, and really hope they accept my offer since the concert is in 4 DAYS!! AHH!! lol Wish me luck!! If I get to hear Noting in My Way being performed lived it would be a dream come true
  • 01-28-2013 5:45 PM In reply to

katrina21x:
    Hiii Anouk23 Wow that was such a beautiful way say your favorite songs! Thanks for sharing. Also thanks for the suggestions, BTW have you ever got to see them perform any of the above songs? =)

Oh no, not yet!  Like you, I was a tad too late to purchase tickets for their gig here in Brussels last October. I found out about Strangeland album whilst reading a Philippine broadsheet and that they'll be performing in Manila. I was gutted!!!! I did all my homework but the prices are way too high and ridiculous! We just came back from our holiday at Côte D' Azur and Monaco and I'm feeling guilty of spending a gargantuan amount of pounds for a ticket which I'm sure were sold "illegally" or something for that matter. Hence I decided to log in here at KEANE's website so I'll be in the loop with everything KEANE.

You're welcome, Katrina! I also want to know which KEANE songs make their fans' hearts skip a beat. Music

• 01-28-2013 6:37 PM In reply to

Hi katrina21x, i'll keep my fingers crossed for you! I hope the person selling the tickets accepts your offer, please let us know? I know they played NIMW at my gig in December so hopefully it's still on the setlist. Good luck Big Smile

Jules xxx

Disconnected
  • 01-29-2013 3:37 PM In reply to

My favorites are

1.  Black Burning Heart

2.  Nothing In My Way

3.  Bend and Break

Melanie

• 01-30-2013 1:52 PM In reply to

Thank you Melanie =). Cool choices I too love Nothing in my Way for sure!
  • 01-30-2013 1:54 PM In reply to

Good Morning Jules, Guess what? I'm going !!! :-D Oh what a beautiful day. Got my tickets in hand row PP great tickets and I'm so thrilled! A really nice girl who can't use her tickets gave us an awesome deal on them and told me that she's see Keane live before and told me to have a blast. =D This is a very happy day.
  • 01-30-2013 2:25 PM In reply to

katrina21x:
    Good Morning Jules, Guess what? I'm going !!! :-D Oh what a beautiful day. Got my tickets in hand row PP great tickets and I'm so thrilled! A really nice girl who can't use her tickets gave us an awesome deal on them and told me that she's see Keane live before and told me to have a blast. =D This is a very happy day.

Hi katrina21x! Yesssss!!! Yippeeeee!! I'm over the moon for you, that is brilliant!! I sent you a PM earlier to see if you had had any luck but i just read your post here! Happy happy day!! Please let us know how it all goes, i can't wait to hear all about it! So excited for you Big Smile. Thank you to the girl who gave you the deal on the tickets, that was so lovely of her. Have a great great night and if you get any pictures, i would love to see them!

Jules xxx

Disconnected
  • 01-30-2013 10:29 PM In reply to

Hard just to pick 3 but here we go:

1:SOWK- The first one I heard and where the story all began for me. Can't even remember the first time I heard it, it just always seemed to be around in 2004 , as someone once said 'on everything from Countryfile to the break-up scene in Hollyoaks'. Despite its ubitiquity, it remained the anthem for me and I would like to have it played at my funeral.

2. ITAW?- I always thought that this one was a step up from the H&F sound and had a very serious message in that bouncy beat. I was going through a difficult patch in trying to figure life out in my 20's and I've always thought the whole of the Noughties could be summed up in a book called 'Is It Any Wonder We're Tired?'

3. Either of Perfect Symmetry, My Shadow or The Starting Line- a choice of 3 more 'grown up' songs, and I thought I'd have one from each of the last three albums.

You're really mean making us only have 3, I'd find it easier to pick ones I didn't like.

The older I get, the more I realise that I know nothing about nothing
  • 01-31-2013 3:12 PM In reply to

katrina21x:

Oh, this is great news!!!! Have fun, girl!

• 01-31-2013 3:14 PM In reply to

"You're really mean making us only have 3, I'd find it easier to pick ones I didn't like." -->You've got company here, indiegirl1980! Big Smile
Page 1 of 2 (32 items) 1 2 Next >