in

MUSE Appreciation Thread...........

Last post 09-06-2011 6:08 PM by showgirl86. 406 replies.
Page 2 of 21 (407 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last »
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 08-11-2008 7:09 PM In reply to

Re: MUSE Appreciation Thread...........

gabs:

http://www.xfm.co.uk/news/2008/muse-and-streets-collaboration-leaked

" collaboration between Muse and Mike Skinner has surfaced on the ‘net. The song - called 'Who Knows Who’ - features vocals from Mike Skinner and was rumored to be on The Streets’ new album which comes out later this year. It’s a typically rocking Muse backing track set to a Skinner rap.

Muse are happy for the track to be leaked and, in a statement on their website, said:

“The MP3 floating around on the message boards at the moment is a track we recorded with Mike Skinner a few months ago. The track was the result of a late night jam session and something we did for a bit of a laugh featuring a blues riff we have been playing live recently upon which Skinner recorded some vocals”. "

there you can listen the song...Indifferent...

Oook...This is strange! I would never have guessed they would make a song together! Surprise
    Don't really like it, but i don't dislike it either... It's just special!

Otherwise I'm a big Muse fan. They're awesome, saw them live for the first time last year in Stockholm.. And what a night!! Big Smile 

When we fall in love, we're just falling in love with ourselves
  • 08-15-2008 2:25 AM In reply to

Muse do put on great live shows. Plus their activism in conspiracies is really interesting. Good thing they know about some of the real things happening. Anyone seen HAARP? Their live DVD filmed at Wembley?

Verrry Niiice, how much???
    Filed under:
  • 08-15-2008 3:01 AM In reply to

• keanixa
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 08-04-2008
    • Chile ^_^
    • Posts 9

I saw Muse in July 26th, Omg!! what a show!!, i shouted and sang like never before xD.

was amazing.

• 08-15-2008 11:18 PM In reply to

• gabs
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 07-31-2008
    • Glastonbury
    • Posts 478

i got a great "south america diary from matt" at the NME magazine and looks that they felt in love with the people down there!... great review!

*still crying because i´m not going to v fest*Crying

"On Wednesday we did a big Radio 2 show... It was one of those occasions when we all felt inexplicably nervous, but i spotted a gang of loyal boardies singing away in the front row, which was a nice boost."
    Tim - Nov 08'
    K +53 MtD +13
  • 08-16-2008 12:02 AM In reply to

• cmr
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on 07-31-2008
    • Istanbul, Turkey
    • Posts 1,432

^^ I'll be in England but no tickets left!

God I feel horrible!

both sigs by Babislar! *hug*
  • 08-17-2008 11:20 PM In reply to

• naily
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 07-31-2008
    • First Joined: July 2004
    • Posts 2,810
    • ForumsAdministrator

Great staging @V  last night, great live act.

And time has told me not or ask for more, Someday our ocean will find it's shore....

www.balloonbelles.co.uk
  • 08-18-2008 4:20 AM In reply to

• gabs
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 07-31-2008
    • Glastonbury
    • Posts 478

naily:

Great staging @V  last night, great live act.

CryingCrying ... tell us some more... did you manage to take any (sort of amazing) pic?

"On Wednesday we did a big Radio 2 show... It was one of those occasions when we all felt inexplicably nervous, but i spotted a gang of loyal boardies singing away in the front row, which was a nice boost."
    Tim - Nov 08'
    K +53 MtD +13
  • 08-18-2008 10:06 PM In reply to

• ShelleyA
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 07-31-2008
    • First Joined: April 2004
    • Posts 572

Saw Muse at Stafford V last night - absolutely amazing show!  The stage show is just so good to see live and the music was spot on - turned up to the max.  Could hear loads of people as we were walking back to camp marvelling at never really having been big fans but completely blown away by the performance!  Fantastic act to end a muddy V Festival!

"Is that Shelley from the message board?" Tim - BTIS Fan Interview - Sept 09
  • 08-19-2008 2:33 AM In reply to

• Hopes
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-01-2008
    • First Joined: Feb 2005
    • Posts 1,195

I only like 2 of their songs - Starlight & Soldier's Poem

Karl Pilkington Is A Genius!
  • 08-20-2008 11:43 PM In reply to

• Anna1976
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 07-31-2008
    • Southampton, UK
    • Posts 584

Muse put on an amazing performance at Essex V too! They do absolutely blow me away live every time. So loud, such fantastic light / screen shows - the whole package live. Wow. xx

Avi: Jenna XX

• 08-21-2008 9:15 PM In reply to

Blackholes and Revelations is my favourite album, closely followed by Absolution, I love Knights of Cydonia, I watched footage of V Festival and seeing it played live and in darkness was extra wild!!!! (I've only seen it played in daylight before).  I love the HAARP DVD too, got it for my birthday.

Helen

• 08-23-2008 10:50 AM In reply to

hello fellow musers. good to see people with great taste in music..."rock for clever people" indeed! man with a harmonica + koc at v fest was so great. it was just soooooooo EPIC. but it doesn't beat koc at reading 2006. comes pretty close though.

• 08-24-2008 3:43 PM In reply to

• Samber
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 08-24-2008
    • First joined Dec 06
    • Posts 36

I loooooove Muse, when I discovered them 3 years ago, they kinda overtook Keane as my favourite band.

Absolution is their best album, they're off to record album no.5 now, I can't wait to see what the come up with this time!

I've seen them live twice, in Belfast 06 and I saw them earlier this month in Marlay Park, they were A.M.A.Z.I.N.G as usual, they are better live then on studio recordings and there are few bands like that around, they truely are in a league of their own.

Here's a great pic I took in Marlay Park :D

http://samber-z.deviantart.com/
  • 08-25-2008 1:16 PM In reply to

• Mandi
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 08-05-2008
    • Kirkkonummi
    • Posts 40

Muse is the #1 band for me. I've seen them twice, in Helsinki 17/10/2007 and at Marlay Park a couple of weeks ago. Both of the concerts have been absolutely amazing. Muse is the only band who has got not one song I wouldn't like, of course I like some more than others, but none of I wouldn't like at all (which I think, is in my case quite rare). Seriously, my love towards Muse is something I can't even describe, love them so much. Can't wait to see them again.

Here's a pic I took at the Helsinki gig. At Marlay Park they unfortunately threw my camera battery to the bin so no pictures from there.

• 08-25-2008 6:58 PM In reply to

Blimey I haven't been paying attention, this thread has got up to two pages already without me posting in it. I love the HAARP DVD - I saw the same show, but at the Parc des Princes in Paris, rather than at Wembley.

Sadly I haven't seen them at all this year as the V Festival clashed with other stuff, and I've still got the scars from the insane bunfight of trying (unsuccessfully) to get tickets for the Teenage Cancer Trust gig at the Albert Hall. Maybe next year.

He's in the bed where commerce sleeps with art. Who can blame him?
  • 08-25-2008 7:07 PM In reply to

I really love Muse!  Wish I could see them Live - should check the tour dates just in case! 

I'm once again in love with Map of the Problematique, which I believe to be one of the bestest songs, ever.

• 09-05-2008 1:08 PM In reply to

Here's a couple of extracts from the Hotpress interview with Matt, which came out at the end of August.

Hotpress Interview Extract:

"Well, I wouldn’t say we’ve done any serious recording yet, we’ve mostly just done demos and things and we’re seeing how they go. You know, and then going back to them and making changes to them and letting things develop that way. Which is unusual for us. But it’s going pretty well. We’ve got quite a few good songs. There’s definitely a little bit of U2 creeping in there I’d say. A little whisper of early U2. I can hear a bit of that in there. We’ve got a song that sounds a little like ‘New Year’s Day’.”

What? Punky new-wave sort of stuff?

“No, there’s something about the rhythm section. I think in U2’s early stuff they had a lot of really good minimal rhythm section stuff – you know, quite simple guitar parts and bass and drums. Not too many cymbals – more toms and drums. That’s what we’re definitely aiming for. A bit more primal and bit more stripped down.”

Not the usual Muse way of doing things...

“No, it probably won’t sound that way by the time we’re finished!” he laughs. “What else do we have, though? Oh yeah, we’ve got a bit of glam rock creeping in there as well, a bit of Marc Bolan-style. Which I think is a bit of fun, really. I think we can get away with that at this stage.”

The entire interview with all 3 members can be viewed via this link: http://board.muse.mu/showthread.php?t=55708 (Credit to saoirse over on muse.mu)  The rest of it is mainly the 'same old questions' and some family chit-chat with Chris. :]

I'm not reading too much into the U2 comment but I get where he's coming from.  I'm excited that a few of the tracks they're working on are being born through more organic means.  It will give them more flexibility on tour as they couldn't really play any of BHaR acoustically.  This time it sounds like we're going to get organic Muse and outrageous Muse.  And no more Rich Costey, which suits me just fine.  Absolutely horrid production on the last record. Super Angry

• 09-12-2008 9:14 AM In reply to

• bandiera
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-06-2008
    • i`m everywhere to you
    • Posts 334

i like their music.even though i don`t understand the meaning of many of their songs but i like it.i`ve just watch Muse live at wembley sometimes ago and that was a performance. i love how matt played his guitar. he`s just like a guitar knight who`s gonna save the world with his guitar playing. their performance at Munich (MTV EMA) was also fantastic.my fave muse song is invincible.it really inspires me..

i have a friend that really a museholic.she always talks about them, she even calls herself "BELLAMEY" coz she loves Matt so much.

• 09-14-2008 9:08 PM In reply to

Does anyone know what the piece of music was called they played before playing Knights of Cydonia at V Festival?  If anyone can tell me, I'd be grateful as it's just one of those things that drives you mad if you can't remember!

Helen

• 09-15-2008 8:47 AM In reply to

• Ekster
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 08-05-2008
    • The Netherlands
    • Posts 11

Hi Helen

I know what music it is; It's from Prokofiev's Romeo and Julliet; This piece is called The dance of the knights! Smile

That's why I love Muse so much!! A friend of mine loves classical music so she could tell me this. Maybe you know Peter and the Wolf that's also from Prokofiev. I don't know if you are a radiohead fan but Thom York is going to work with the son of Prokofiev, it's a small world isn't it Wink

Love Esther

"Be world child form a circle before we all go under"
Page 2 of 21 (407 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last »