in

Manchester Evening News Arena

Last post 02-02-2009 1:28 PM by robana100. 16 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (17 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-13-2008 5:34 PM

Manchester Evening News Arena

Locked Reply Contact
    Hi peeps, I'm planning on going to see Keane in Manchester and am probably gonna get seated tickets. Thing is though, I don't want to get really naff seats, so was wondering if anyone is familiar with the Evening News Arena? The seats are:

Block 202 located in the UPPER TIER

Block 214 located in the UPPER TIER

Block 213 located in the UPPER TIER SEATS

Block 111 located in the LOWER TIER

Block 109 located in the LOWER TIER SEATS

Block 205 located in the UPPER TIER

May be a long shot, but if anyone has any recommendations, or knows where I can get some sort of plan of the arena so I can see what I'm booking, I'd appreciate it.

Cheers!

• 10-13-2008 5:46 PM In reply to

• sarahlou
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-01-2008
    • Norfolk, UK

Re: Manchester Evening News Arena

Locked Reply Contact

Hi, here's a link to the seating plan for the MEN.

http://www.men-arena.com/uploads/documents/jun_05/men_1118079979_P_27_39_seatingplanscontent_se.gif

Hope this helps Big Smile

• 10-13-2008 5:53 PM In reply to

Locked Reply Contact
    Ah thanks for the link mate. :)
  • 10-15-2008 12:09 PM In reply to

Locked Reply Contact

I have just sent a post but don't think it got through.  Went to the MEN Arena last Oct to see Arcade Fire and whatever you do do not sit in the Upper Tiers you will have vertigo all night long.  It is so high up.  If you sit facing the stage, you won't see their faces too well but if they have a walkway again this time, you should be o.k.  Sit side on if you can.  The MEN Arena has a virtual tour if you click on its site.
    You are soooo lucky seeing them there. We have been forgotten here in the Midlands.  No B'ham only Notts.  We are all so mad  about it. Manchester is too awkward to get back from if you don't have a car that particular night.

• 10-15-2008 2:19 PM In reply to

Locked Reply Contact
    Ah cheers for the advice, I'll try and get the lower tier sides. Sucks that there aren't any Birmingham gigs... I'm in Lancaster and always have to go to Manchester for gigs which is well over an hours drive, so still not hugely convenient. Generally bands don't appear to think there's any country between Manchester and Scotland. :/
  • 10-15-2008 5:49 PM In reply to

Locked Reply Contact

I'm also a bit gutted about no Midlands gigs. Manchester isn't that far, and i'm quite happy to make the trip for Keane Big Smile Just would have been nice to see a Birmingham date.

23/02/2007
    31/01/2009
    16/06/2010
    26/06/2010
  • 10-16-2008 10:03 AM In reply to

Locked Reply Contact

I'm with you on that one. Due to multiple house moves I've never managed to get to a gig that was less than 3 hours away. An hour to Birmingham would have been a welcome change!  

Take it back; don't let it die
  • 10-16-2008 10:59 AM In reply to

• sarahlou
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-01-2008
    • Norfolk, UK

Locked Reply Contact

Spare a thought for the people that reside in East Anglia!! The nearest gigs are london which is at least 2 and a half hours drive. Worth it everytime though!!!

I'll be making the 6 hour trek back to Manchester for the MEN gig. I was brought up just outside Manchester so it's a great excuse to go "home" and catch up with friends and family plus have a great night out in Manc after the gig!!!

• 10-16-2008 2:52 PM In reply to

Locked Reply Contact

Hope you can get tix in the lower sides.  I forgot to mention that there's hardly any food stalls in the MEN Arena,  when we saw Arcade Fire there, there was only one hot dog stall.

BTW, they've only gone and released an extra date for the O2, do Manchester and London offer more of an incentive to play there I wonder?  If the band ever read any of these posts, would they take note that we feel hard done to being excluded here in the Midlands.  Yes, I do think they've got to be geographically aware of  how fans are going to get to the gigs, especially during the week.

To their credit Chris Martin et al are playing three dates in B'ham and the Killers added an extra date to their  original sole date in B'ham, after completely selling out the first date within hours of the tickets going on sale.  Look and learn  somebody please!

• 01-31-2009 11:49 PM In reply to

Locked Reply Contact

Just back from Manchester - what a brilliant gig - still buzzing !!

Slight variation to other set lists I've seen as Keane played 'Your Eyes Open'  on the small stage.

Great night !

• 02-01-2009 12:04 AM In reply to

• lucianabrazil
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 07-31-2008
    • 09 Mai 2005 -RIO DE JANEIRO-BRAZIL

Locked Reply Contact

Hi lucky people!!!

Tell us more about the concert please!

Your eyes open?? OMG! I have to go to the doctor before the gigs in Brazil!!!!!Surprise

Now we waiting for the videos and great pics!!

• 02-01-2009 12:54 AM In reply to

• Chris
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-01-2008

Locked Reply Contact

robana100:

Just back from Manchester - what a brilliant gig - still buzzing !!

Slight variation to other set lists I've seen as Keane played 'Your Eyes Open'  on the small stage.

Great night !

They didn't play Your Eyes Open. They played We Might As Well Be Strangers, Early Winter and Snowed Under acoustically, as well as Playing Along (which Tom played on his own).

Manchester thread is here by the way: http://forum.keanemusic.com/t/8086.aspx

• 02-01-2009 1:17 AM In reply to

Locked Reply Contact
  • 02-01-2009 2:08 AM In reply to

Locked Reply Contact

Have to agree I'm stilll buzzin too, wonderd whether this would be as good as last

years gig but it was fantastic, found it quite emotional after seeing how Tom's confidence has grown  since last year when they were new to the big venues. He really owned the stage tonight with sublime vocals as usual. cant go to bed need to listen to the album first !!

• 02-01-2009 9:05 AM In reply to

• suered
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-01-2008
    • In my own little Keane world

Locked Reply Contact

I don't remember them playing YEO.

There is a set list on the other Manchester thread.

Siggy by jenny c
    23/2/07, 24/6/07, 31/10/07, 29/9/08, 15/11/08, 16/12/08, 27/1, 31/1, 7/2, 12/2, 13/2, 30/05/09, 22/8/09, 11/6/10, 16/6/10, 19/6/10, 26/6/10
  • 02-01-2009 3:40 PM In reply to

• cowpie21
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-01-2008
    • Trying to make a move just to stay in the game

Locked Reply Contact

Hi folks, since we have this Manchester thread as Chris pointed out, I'm going to lock this one.

Glad you all had a great time!

• 02-02-2009 1:28 PM In reply to

Locked Reply Contact

Oh dear  it was "Snowed Under"  ~ Blame all the cocktails I had in Old Orleans beforehand .

Keane must have been looking at the weather forecast !!

Page 1 of 1 (17 items)